Problems getting a Teensy 3.6 into bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhenstell

Hi all,

So I'm having a mysterious problem reprogramming a Teensy 3.6 in the field.

On my desk, I have a 3.6 plugged into a Raspberry Pi. I have a hex file compiled by Teensyduino. I use
Code:
teensy_loader_cli -s --mcu=TEENSY36 -v -w firmware.hex
The teensy soft-reboots, I see Teensyduino Serial replaced with Teensy Halfkay Bootloader in lsusb and the new firmware is written. No Problem.

No such luck on the unit in the field. teensy_loader_cli just sits and waits forever. Ok, I figure, maybe soft reboot just isn't reliable, so I add some code to allow me to remotely trigger _reboot_Teensyduino_(). Works great locally of course, no dice on the remote unit.

I tried running
Code:
watch -n 0.1 lsusb
so I can see what it's doing. I soft-reboot and the Teensy actually disappears for a brief instant, but returns immediately as Teensyduino Serial instead of HalfKay. I have the udev rule installed and ModemManager disabled. The only difference is that the remote unit has many GPIO pins connected to another PCB (but not the program or reset pins), my local unit is just a bare Teensy. The Pi on my desk is identical to the Pi in the field. I can't seem to get it into HalfKay without a physical button press.

Any ideas?

sufficient power supply on remote teensy to maintain 5V for boot process?
my guess, when in boot mode, teensy resets itself due to temporary power failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back