isolated (20+V) ADC for reading li-ion battery voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarin94

Hi, I'm starting to build a simple battery monitoring system, based on a teensy 4.1 with sd to log data. I've looked at various methods to read voltages from every series of the battery pack, the simplest a voltage divider, others are more complex, like power management chips (ADBMS1818 like).
I'm searching, without luck, for a simple analog-digital converter capable of reading high voltages from every parallel, I'm looking for maybe more than one analog input for every adc.
Does someone know some IC suitable for this type of operation? Or an elegant solution to read all these values.
Thanks for any help!

I've looked at it but in the long term, I will implement some ETA3000 in the design to handle active balancing and monitoring of this process, with a closed design I can't do that.

The ETA3000 looks reasonable for balancing, although the error can accumulate cell-to-cell. For the record, diyBMS is a completely open design with data from each cell being available to the master.

I don't see the problem, an array of voltage dividers into an 8-channel ADC does the job, nice and simple. Yes you
need suitable precision to address the dilution of precision, but its not like 0.1% resistors are unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back