Teensyduino 1.55 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@defragster - did see this note on the tytools github page
Which I think is what you are saying.

A question - does the same thing happen if you are only using a single T4 locked. When I tried a T4.1 it reset no issue - tried a Locked T4 it gave me an error saying it can not reset and I had to power cycle the T4 to get it going again.

I'm leaning towards wrapping up 1.55 soon, maybe later today, or by the weekend at the latest.

Does anyone see any remaining bugs which really should be fixed before a stable 1.55 release?

Decided to re-run CoreMark on a locked T4 just to see if there were any differences:

Code:
 Locked T4:  2313.57
Unlocked T4: 2313.57

No change but didn't really expect there to be.

I'm leaning towards wrapping up 1.55 soon, maybe later today, or by the weekend at the latest.

Does anyone see any remaining bugs which really should be fixed before a stable 1.55 release?

From my perspective don't think there is anything additional bugs - in other words nothing that hasn't already been identified

I could probably always think of things I might want ;) ....

But I don't see anything that should hold up releasing 1.55

Cool, 1.8.16 didn't seem to add any other issues to tend to and the stuff done seemed good for TD 1.55

Started as a Locked Beta T4 - but that can get another TD release if needed before boards get released.

Will be some hours before pulled down here - but Kurt and Mike gave it a go.

@defragster - did see this note on the tytools github page
Which I think is what you are saying.
A question - does the same thing happen if you are only using a single T4 locked. When I tried a T4.1 it reset no issue - tried a Locked T4 it gave me an error saying it can not reset and I had to power cycle the T4 to get it going again.

I did NOT see that note. Perhaps there is no Restart/Reset USB command - still not sure what teensy_Restart.exe might do or how? Led me to believe it was a supported function.

If TyCom triggers bootloader then RACES to jump in - that would explain what I am seeing - except the TLOader response isn't always consistent - but that may be a Racing side effect.

Just triggered the DUAL LEDS RED & ORANGE:

Here is an attempt to fix the bug where upload sometimes fails (if the pushbutton is pressed again) resulting in both LEDs blinking for several seconds.

Extract this to {Arduino}/hardware/tools, replacing the copy already installed.

Attachments

• teensy_secure.zip
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 92
Here is an attempt to fix the bug where upload sometimes fails (if the pushbutton is pressed again) resulting in both LEDs blinking for several seconds.

Sounds good,

Downloaded... Luckily I only hit this I believe twice before, so will try hitting program button and hopefully never see it again...

Ditto from me as well. I only hit it once or twice as well. Did just have one thing happen when I hit PGM button one right after another. 1st did the upload second lock the T4 with only the Orange LED on and had to power off and on to recover. This might have been one of those instances where it would normally have been both LEDs on - can't tell for sure.

My machine refused : "couldn't download - virus detected"?

Found offending page and hit allow and next try saved:
WarnedSecure.png

Scan with Windows Defender and MalWareBytes find nothing - But EDGE wanted to trash it?

Updated code in use. Not sure how to 'prove the negative' - not sure if anything printed in loader/Verbose? {as Mike wondered}

IIRC I saw 'DUAL LED blink' four times in some hundred+(?) builds - assuming they all caught my eye.

Figured out why Code4Code - Bench mark version - moved to RAM was failing ... tried using DMAMEM with init strings that of course don't work.

Funny: It points out local vars can't be in DMAMEM - but not that DMAMEM can't be initialized
C:\T_Drive\tCode\T4Encrypt\Code4CodeRAM\CodeMade.ino:22501:25: warning: 'used' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
C:\T_Drive\tCode\T4Encrypt\Code4CodeRAM\CodeMade.ino:22502:25: error: section attribute cannot be specified for local variables

So some dozen builds and gratuitous Button uploads and not seen anything yet.

Had to downsize to a mere 1400 cascading functions to fit RAM and have enough stack space to not trigger a Crash:
Code:
teensy_size: Memory Usage on Teensy 4.0:
teensy_size:   FLASH: code:370096, data:121592, headers:9044   free for files:1530884
teensy_size:    RAM1: variables:45952, code:365656, padding:27560   free for local variables:85120
teensy_size:    RAM2: variables:24736  free for malloc/new:499552

Powered 2nd T4 Beta and button pushing code to it ... not sure what sequence triggered the LED Show before ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back