Teensy LC + GY-6500+2 servos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonclaw

First I don't know where to put this for the help I'm looking for. I'm trying to create a cosplay tail that will react as I walk or with button presses. I own a GY-6500/mpu6500 tilt sensor and looking into buying servos and a teensy LC.

I know the teensy can read I2C the tilt sensor uses but the code is where I have issue. I'm looking for like example code for both reading I2C from the tilt sensor, how to drive a servo, and /or how to read button presses. Lets say I have been out of coding with a teensy for years and I need to brush up on it again.

The picture is of how logically I think it would run.
tail.png

I am not sure about that sensor... is it a MPU6500 which I did not see anything on or a MPU6050. Assuming the later there are a few libraries out there you can install for it.
Do a search on it. For example in Arduino IDE you can do a search under Tools->Manage Libraries and you will see a few including one from Adafruit... You can try installing one of those and see if it can properly read your sensor.

Servos: Depends... What type? Like RC servos? Or Dynamixels, or LSS or ... Assuming RC, then there are a few libraries available like Servo to help there.

Buttons. I would probably look at the bounce library that installs with Teensyduino. There are example sketches that show how to use.

Good luck.

I was having hard time finding links to libraries and example code. The tilt sensor might be under mpu9265 (the one linked here is the extract one I own) as well. As for servo I was looking into HS-5645MG. I just need links to what I need for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back