Teensy4.1 FreeRTOS and SD Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelBMiner

Hello All,

I am trying to get my RTOS app to use an SD card but I am running into missing file issues. I am using the RTOS from https://github.com/tsandmann/freertos-teensy

In here there are dependencies on some other Git repos, I can see that they have been included in my project. However in SD.h I am missing a definition for FileImpl. Has anyone ran into this? Does anyone have a solution for this?

"FileImpl" was a new construct in the just released version of TeensyDuino 1.55 to support updates for FS.h. So some unbalanced dependency with the code in use?

I talked to the creator of the Git repo. He pointed me to a forum post here in which PIO was pointing to its own internal file, not the files provided by teensy.

His solution was to update PIO to the latest version. I have the latest version. Can I use the platformio.io to point to the teensy files I just installed with the arduino ide?

I edited my c_cpp_properties.jscon from

Code:
"C:/Users/MichaelMi/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/teensy4/",

to

Code:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4",

No change.

I pointed my code to use the Arduino Teensy 1.55 files. Now I get the errors

Code:
.pio\libdeps\teensy41\SD\src/SD.h: In member function 'virtual File SDFile::openNextFile(uint8_t)':
.pio\libdeps\teensy41\SD\src/SD.h:126:55: error: no matching function for call to 'File::File(SDFile*)'
  126 |                 if (file) return File(new SDFile(file));

Code:
.pio\libdeps\teensy41\SD\src/SD.h: In member function 'virtual File SDClass::open(const char*, uint8_t)':
.pio\libdeps\teensy41\SD\src/SD.h:158:55: error: no matching function for call to 'File::File(SDFile*)'
  158 |                 if (file) return File(new SDFile(file));

Code:
expected class-name before '{' token

Hello All,

I am trying to get my RTOS app to use an SD card but I am running into missing file issues. I am using the RTOS from https://github.com/tsandmann/freertos-teensy

In here there are dependencies on some other Git repos, I can see that they have been included in my project. However in SD.h I am missing a definition for FileImpl. Has anyone ran into this? Does anyone have a solution for this?

Hi,

as mentioned in the issue at GitHub, there was an incompatibility with the library version used by the FreeRTOS port. This is fixed now, you need to run pio update to update the libraries.

I also added a (still incomplete) readme file to explain at least a bit the status of the project, what's working and where are some limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back