Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Teensyduino 1.56 Beta #1

Eh, no, that will not help much.. it may reduce the pobability for races (if existing) but will not slow down..

Quote Originally Posted by BriComp View Post
    Why not have a variable which can be set by the user.

I don't know call it SerialUartSpeed, let's say with a value from 0..255.
    At 255 (default) the Serial Usb goes at it's fastest as at the moment.

It is slowed down dependent upon the value of SerialUartSpeed right down to let's say 12mb/s for a value of 0.

Alternatively you could call it SerialUartThrottle, with 0 (default) being the fastest and 255 being the slowest speed.
    That was the UNSAID conclusion from last post #271 ... : Some method of explicit baseline behavior control : BITBUCKET or RATELIMIT

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Hm. Not tried - does it help to just make the timer slower? (That would be the perfect place to create a variable speed - IF that works)
    Tim? Can you test?

edit:
    It would be a opportunity to add different timouts, perhaps.. (see the "todo")
    Code:
    // TODO: should be 2 different timeouts, high speed (480) vs full speed (12)
    #define TRANSMIT_FLUSH_TIMEOUT    75   /* in microseconds */
    But again, I have no idea if that is enough. I'd try a pretty high value first, to confirm..
    @FrankB - quick - look not sure what to do with the current value of 75? That triggers usb_serial_flush_callback() - which does nothing when "if (tx_available == 0) return;"

Quick test with "#define TRANSMIT_FLUSH_TIMEOUT 1575" did no change? Also with 3575?

There must be some better way to wait? I'll give this a try in some few hours. May not be making edit to right CORE file ...

Spent 3 hours yesterday with neighbor and helper getting to a replacement roof on shed to empty that cord of wood into - this morning is the roof completion ... in the rain. Gotta run ...

Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post

@FrankB - quick - look not sure what to do with the current value of 75?
    Nothing. If you read the my following post: I said it will not help.

Better get your roof done That's more important.