I broke a capacitor on my 4.1. Have I replaced it with the correct one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitachii

in an attempt to wedge my board off of a perfboard that it had been desoldered from, I broke capacitor c27 off. At least I think it's c27.

I found and soldered what I believe to be a replacement, but before I power the Teensy up I want to make sure I haven't made any mistakes, as well as have some questions. The capacitor that I replaced it with is a capacitor that I believe has the same value (2.2uf), but some things are confusing to me, a total amateur at electronics. The first thing that popped out at me is that the capacitor symbol on the 4.1 schematic implies polarity while the schematic for the OLED shows that it's non-polar. Google shows that this type of capacitor is generally non-polar, if I have it right, why does the Teensy schematic show a polarized capacitor symbol?

The replacement cap is from a broken Adafruit SSD1306 version 2.1. This should be the correct value based off of the schematic for the OLED as well as the schematic of the 4.1. Both are marked below with a red box.

adafruit_products_0-96in_OLED_sch.jpg

schematic41.jpg

Assuming that that is all correct, I meticulously soldered the capacitor on. First time soldering smd components, only had a soldering iron. The cap that I used is a different package size, though the same value. Will this have any noticeable impact? Assuming that I have most everything correct I guess I'll give it a go, but I'm happy to hear anything I got wrong, and other things that I should consider first. Thanks in advance!

20210928_161751.jpg

20210928_161900.jpg

Its a decoupling capacitor so the value isn't critical. The polarized symbol on the schematics is a known inaccuracy, they are all MLCC's (there isn't room for anything else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back