7"TFT with touch to recomment with Teensy 4.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fff

Hi all,

Can you recommend a 7"TFT working correctly with stable lib with Teensy 4.1 ?
My small specs:
  • must be with T4.1
  • SPI if possible, but 8 or 16 wires OK also
  • stable existing lib to display basic shapes and some text
  • no HMI pre-made GUI (need to draw custom @runtime
  • of course fast if there is a choice, but is NOT the main factor (no video, nor image to display)
  • price not main factor, but must be easily avaible (would like to post my open-source project later, so must be easy for others to source)

My homework prior my question:
I made several own projects with 2.8" and ILI9341_t3 and ILI9341_t3n (Thanks KurtE!) --> ALL OK
Also 1 with 3.5 with ILI9488 (Thanks again KurtE and others for their modified libs) --> still OK
But this time really need bigger display and stuck on an 7" I had lying around, but get with UTFT (still supported?) not compiling for SSD1963 ("Unsupported ARM MCU!"") with latest arduino 1.8.16 + latest Teensyduino 1.55
--> thus my larger question .... any already tested advice for T4.1 ?

BR,
Fabrice

Hi all,

Can you recommend a 7"TFT working correctly with stable lib with Teensy 4.1 ?
My small specs:
  • must be with T4.1
  • SPI if possible, but 8 or 16 wires OK also
  • stable existing lib to display basic shapes and some text
  • no HMI pre-made GUI (need to draw custom @runtime
  • of course fast if there is a choice, but is NOT the main factor (no video, nor image to display)
  • price not main factor, but must be easily avaible (would like to post my open-source project later, so must be easy for others to source)

--> thus my larger question .... any already tested advice for T4.1 ?

BR,
Fabrice

@fff (Fabrice):

I have previously recommended (& still do !!) a display based upon the RA8875 controller (the supporting library comes with TeensyDuino). You can find the prior discussion <here>.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you may have.

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Mark
I tested the examples in the Teensy3 folder --> the 800x480 do compile for the T4.1 :)
-->TFT is on its way!
Thanks again
F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back