can't select a port in the adruino software

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkLucassen

Hi everyone,

Im helping someone with a teensy (teensy 3.6) synth project and we run into this problem where the adruino software doesn't allow us to select a port.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hi everyone,

Im helping someone with a teensy (teensy 3.6) synth project and we run into this problem where the adruino software doesn't allow us to select a port.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Usually this means something crashes (likely before setup() ) - I'd try to comment the new audio stuff out until it starts working again.

Might help to know more information, like what does not allow you to choose a port?

The Arduino IDE? Which version? Which version of Teensyduino do you have installed?
Download of the current released version is up at: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Is this a new T3.6 and has never been programmed?
If so all Teensy release with a USB type of HID... And as such do not have a Serial port assigned to them. What I will typically do with new board, is to load up simple program, like the basic example blink. Then configure Arduino to have T3.6 as your current board, and USB type=Serial. Then click on the Arduino verify button (or menu command). When it finishes building, The teensy app will be loaded. At that time I have that app visible and click on the program button of the teensy. At which point you should see the app program your chip and then your PC (Windows, Linux, Mac) should assign a Serial port to your new device, which you can then select...

Good luck

By far the most common problem is charge-only cables. They look like regular USB cables, but inside are only 2 wires for power, no wires at all for data. Before you spend a lot of work on the PC software side, check the cable. If using a Windows computer which makes chime sounds when USB devices connect and disconnect, you should always get a sound after pressing the button on Teensy. Or keep the little Teensy Loader window visible on your screen and turn off "Auto" mode so it doesn't try to immediately reboot your Teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back