Teensy 4.1 ESP32-C3-MINI Module - I2C, I2S, SPI, UART

JayShoe

Hello,

I've been working on a custom board to marry the ESP32-C3-MINI with the Teensy 4.1 for development purposes. My initial research was over in Blackketter's github (this) as well as the ESP32 reference document. My goal is to program the ESP32' with the Teensy using the USB to Serial example. I'm also hoping to experiment with I2C and SPI to control the Teensy with the ESP32 (and vice versa). It will control parts of the audio library (volumes, etc) and enable pairing modes on the ESP32 (etc). I also want to be able to get Bluetooth Status from the ESP (device list, etc). I have a ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1 on the way and I'll test this stuff, but I wanted to see if I could get any initial feedback on my work thus far.

View attachment schematic.pdf

0001.jpg

Any found errors, advice, or inspiration that might make this board better is appreciated! I was having some difficulty trying to figure out what pins to use for DTR and RTS on the Teensy. But it appears that the "Auto Program" function isn't required because we have the Teensy controlling the BOOT and EN pins directly, so I believe I don't need DTR or RTS at all. Please let me know if my theory is correct.

Jay

Last edited:
Back