Alternate USB Types

Hello!

I am working on a project with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC). Making a macro box for a fellow disabled gamer. The plan is to use a Teensy 3.5 for this. Upon some research, the XAC can accept USB Joystick Controllers/ Gamepads so the plan was to use the Teensy to send button states over USB. However, when configuring the Teensy right now with one the USB types that includes "Joystick" (for example "Flight Sim Controls + Joystick") , it does not work. Googling a bit, someone has modified some Teensyduino files to make a "Joystick" and "Joystick + Serial" configuration. Here is their github https://github.com/gdsports/xac-mouse2joy

Rather than making their version work for just my project, would it be possible to request this feature? I think other people could get some use out of it. For example, when I release my project, people can simply use a Teensyduino version that includes a "Joystick" only USB type so that they don't have to fuss around changing the Teensyduino files.

The linked github relies on a T_3.6 with USB Host to connect outside devices. It is also based on TD 1.45 - and TD 1.55 is current.

So using that would have issues - is USB Host needed that the T_3.5 doesn't provide.

And dropping the github files into current TD might break changes.

As far as Joystick edits and alterations - if manually re-applied to TD 1.55 - it might work as needed. That would work if the T_3.5 is using direct hardware inputs without relying on USB Host connected devices.

The linked github relies on a T_3.6 with USB Host to connect outside devices. It is also based on TD 1.45 - and TD 1.55 is current.

So using that would have issues - is USB Host needed that the T_3.5 doesn't provide.

And dropping the github files into current TD might break changes.

As far as Joystick edits and alterations - if manually re-applied to TD 1.55 - it might work as needed. That would work if the T_3.5 is using direct hardware inputs without relying on USB Host connected devices.

Yes I did try their github code and it def broke stuff! If this request is not possible, I understand. I will then have to do it a more manual way and use the 3.5mm port on the XAC. Figured since other USB devices were added as the Teensy platform went on, I though that maybe having it Joystick only would be easy enough for the firmware engineer who updates those USB devices.

Back