EVK Teensy 4.0 emulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

agemoz

I've made a Teensy 4.0 to the Sparkfun Alchitry Au+/RasPi interface board that has worked very well, very powerful FPGA attached to the Teensy. I also hand-made an adapter that makes the EVK-MIMXRT1060 development board attach to a Teensy 4.0 socket, with GPIO pins on the EVK to emulate the actual Teensy GPIOs, See the attachments.

I love having a full power development environment with single-step, memory and peripheral viewing and thread monitoring on the EVK. I've written an LCD interface that allows me to see what's happening both in Teensy and the registers/functions on the Alchitry board.

However, the one thing I don't have are the Teensy libraries, development is done on mcuxpresso rather than Arduino with my own collection of modules.

A somewhat casual look seems to imply this shouldn't be too hard--any thoughts on how to do this and if this is even possible if I'm not using the Arduino environment? It seems like it would save me a lot of code writing if I could make the firmware look like the Teensy firmware environment.

Robert

Attachments

• alchitry_teensy_40_small.JPG
    alchitry_teensy_40_small.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 39
  • alchitry_teensy_40_back_small.JPG
    alchitry_teensy_40_back_small.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 37
  • teensy_evk_adapter_small.JPG
    teensy_evk_adapter_small.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 45
Status