uninstall pjrc addon and driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

firexx

How to uninstall on Windows the usb filter driver installed with pjrc addon? the system panel/uninstall Software does not list it.

If you are using Windows 10 or 11, there is no "usb filter driver" or any other Windows level stuff to uninstall. The Teensyduino installer only writes files to your Arduino folder, which defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino. If you just delete the Arduino folder, or if you run the Arduino installer again (it deletes the old copy) you will remove all Teensyduino files.

On Windows 8, 7 and earlier versions, a INF file is installed to C:\Windows\INF (a hidden folder). But removing it is not simple, because Windows automatically renames the file. Making changes in those hidden Windows folders is usually not wise, unless you have very deep knowledge of Windows (I do not...)

I have win7 system, and in regedit I found the entries to the PJRC filter driver, but i'm also not sure if I remove the regedit keys and the oem inf file helps to remove the filter driver from the system
Edit: correct the win7 driver => win7 system

This is the INF file which gets installed.

Code:
; Windows INF to load usbser driver for all CDC-ACM USB Serial Ports
; Copyright (C) 2014 PJRC.COM, LLC.

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Class=Ports
ClassGuid={4D36E978-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Provider=%MFGNAME%
DriverVer=12/12/2013,1.0.0.0
CatalogFile=cdcacm.cat

[Manufacturer]
%MFGNAME%=DeviceList, NTamd64

[DeviceList]
%DEVNAME%=DriverInstall,USB\Class_02&SubClass_02&Prot_01

[DeviceList.NTamd64]
%DEVNAME%=DriverInstall,USB\Class_02&SubClass_02&Prot_01

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=12
DriverCopyFiles=12

[DriverInstall]
Include=mdmcpq.inf
Include=msports.inf
CopyFiles=FakeModemCopyFileSection,SerialEnumerator.NT.Copy
AddReg=DriverAddReg

[DriverAddReg]
HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"msports.dll,SerialPortPropPageProvider"
HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"usbser"
HKR,,"UpperFilters",0x00010000,"serenum"

[DriverInstall.Services]
Include=mdmcpq.inf
AddService=usbser,0x00000002,UsbserService
AddService=serenum,,SerenumService

[UsbserService]
ServiceType= 1
StartType  = 3
ErrorControl = 0
ServiceBinary = %12%\usbser.sys

[SerenumService]
ServiceType    = 1
StartType      = 3
ErrorControl   = 0
ServiceBinary  = %12%\serenum.sys
LoadOrderGroup = PNP Filter

[Strings]
MFGNAME="PJRC.COM, LLC."
DEVNAME="Teensy USB Serial"

Maybe try to find this file on your system and remove it, plus the matching CAT file (digital signature).

I believe the default location is C:\Windows\INF. But again, messing with those hidden Windows system folders might cause problems. That sort of change should only be attempted with deep knowledge of Windows.

And again, just to be perfectly clear, the actual driver code in USBSER.SYS is part of Windows. This INF merely tells pre-10 Windows to load its own USBSER.SYS driver when it sees a compatible device.

but i'm also not sure if I remove the regedit keys and the oem inf file helps to remove the filter driver from the system

Just in case this wasn't already clear, the "driver" Teensyduino installs on pre-10 Windows is only that INF text file which tells Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 to load its own USBSER.SYS driver.

There is NO ACTUAL EXECUTABLE BINARY DRIVER, only this simple INF text file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back