Updated to latest Arduino IDE and Teensyduino .. TFT Display issue ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_M

I was running
Arduino1.8.13 teensyduino 1.53

I upgraded to
Arduino 1.8.16 teensyduino 1.55

I have a working project over the last 2 years which has been running on the ILI9488 or the ILI9341 TFT display

I reloaded the project into the Arduino IDE compiled it and all is goo ..compiles fine ..
Uploads fine to a t4 or t 4.1

However display is White !! no text or content..

Checked wiring all is good ...

Decided to run the ILI9488 sample "DemoSauce" ... Loads and compiles fine .. Same issue .. checked serial monitor ..Code is executing but display is blinking from white to black when the code is executing ..
Pinouts for the TFT in the code are correct with the hardware ..

Tried the same process with an ILI9341 to the same effect with DemoSauce as well ...

Am I missing something here ??

Thanks
K

Last edited:
Ive had no luck with the newer arduino/teensy combo, Going to revert to the older combination ...

Ive had no luck with the newer arduino/teensy combo, Going to revert to the older combination ...

It will be interesting if it works going back or not.

If that works then something needs to be found and fixed in the new build.

Can you do a dual install? On Windows I unzip the IDE to a new folder and then install TeensyDuino to that folder. Then running the Arduino.exe from that folder starts that copy. It share the sketchbook directory - including any custom libs.

Which brings up the question: On building is any library showing in use in the verbose console output as laoding from the {sketchbook}\libraries folder? If so that library may need to be updated or removed if the copy in TD 1.55 is updated to work.

Yes I'll load up my previous solution concurrently and see what happens .I'll post up the results

Tried the same process with an ILI9341 to the same effect with DemoSauce as well ...

Running ILI9341 DemoSauce example on a Teensy 4.0 using Teensyduino 1.56-beta2 and Arduino 1.8.16 on Linux 64 bit.

demosauce.jpg

Can't say why it's not working for you. Definitely works here.

Sorry,

But might help to know exactly which library you are using for this?

I am assuming not the ADafruit libraries for this as I don't think they have demosauce in their examples. but for example (ili9341_t3 or ili8341_t3n?)

Do you still have your old setup... Normally when I switch Arduino releases, I install them in different directories... So one question would be is if your older setup was using stock libraries, or is it possible that they were edited to match your hardware?

Example maybe the setup for which pins. Like do you have a reset pin going to the display and sketch assumes not...

Okay...issue resolved ...thanks everyone for replying , I un-installed/removed all of the arduino ide software, libraries teensyduino ..everything..This computer is only used for coding ,so very little on it. I re-installed it again loaded up the ili9488_t3 examples and it came up ! So I messed the install somehow ..still not sure what I missed ..but I'm back in business coding ...I had posted up to see if others had experienced this issue before I ripped into it ...thanks again !!

Great news. Corruption of the IDE install happens rarely - not often enough to see any trend to recognize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back