Using Teensy name with custom boards

lazaj

Hello,

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I want to know if I can use "Teensy 3.6 compatible" for a custom dev board I've created ?

More details :

Since 5 years, I have developed a commercial product, for the company I work for, based on Teensy "SDK". This product is based on teensy 3.6 hardware (same MCU, different package QFP 144, different power stage ...), it does not use the MKL0Z32 MCU, it's programmed with SWD port but it uses Teensy Arduino framework without modifications.
Recently I created a board, with the same specs and a Arduino Mega form factor for R&D. I'd like to publish my design as an open source hardware project, with platformio board definition for supporting it.
I don't want to monetize the hardware design, but I'd like, maybe to sell some boards on Tindie.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards.

Capture d’écran 2021-11-22 à 22.43.02.png

It does not have the bootloader, so it's not compatible. And it will not work to use "The arduino framework" and Teensyduino "without modifications" because it does not work with the Teensy loader.
The only common thing is the CPU... right? What is U4 ? And U1?

Last edited:
No. You must not name your product "TEENSYMEGA" or anything else which is confusingly similar with Teensy, especially not if you sell them on Tindie or any other website.

Teensy is a registered trademark. For general guidelines about what you can and can't do, Arduino's site has a good list. Refer to the "Arduino name" in the table.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/trademark

It's not compatible with Teensyduino, you're right. But you can develop for it using Teensy Platform/Arduino framework using PlatformIO and flash it with SWD ... so it's compatible at firmware level.
I don't want to call it TeensyMega, it's the internal name of the project. I will call it MK66Mega.
Thank's for your answer.

It does not have the bootloader, so it's not compatible. And it will not work to use "The arduino framework" and Teensyduino "without modifications" because it does not work with the Teensy loader.
The only common thing is the CPU... right? What is U4 ? And U1?

U4 is a SPI flash and U1 is buck converter.

Back