teensyDuino installer run successfully
Arduino 1.8.16\Tools\Board:
list does not include teensy

What am I doing wrong?

Any help received with gratitude :)

sounds plausible.
removed copies of Arduino
uninstalled Arduino
re-installed Arduino (not store version)
ran teensyDuinoInstall
Still no tweeny on Tools/board list
?

Again make sure where it said Teensyduino was installed is the same place that your launching of Arduino is from.

I normally have several versions of Arduino installed, so I always have to make sure the link I startup is for the one I am working from now... I usually have two versions with icons in the tray...

Multiple copies of Arduino is still the only plausible explanation.

The only other not-very-likely explanation I can imagine is overly aggressive anti-virus software is silently interfering with the Teensyduino installer. We have seen that many times, but it almost always manifests as only some files (typically executables or Java code) not installed.

By default the Teensyduino installer should have put everything into C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino, unless you selected some other location. Maybe use Windows Explorer to explicitly navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino and then launch Arduino by double clicking on it from that specific location.

In addition to seeing Teensyduino in the Tools > Boards menu, you can try clicking Help > About in Arduino. If Teensyduino is installed, you should see both the Arduino and Teensyduino versions on the top edge of the About info.

@teensyUsr
when installing Teensyduino and if not using the windows explorer to locate destination Arduino, it will always locate the first one found and install in top of it.
If you use a desktop shortcut to start Arduino, you should make sure that it points to the desired Arduino/Teensy installation. There is no automatic update.

Multiple copies of Arduino is still the only plausible explanation.

The only other not-very-likely explanation I can imagine is overly aggressive anti-virus software is silently interfering with the Teensyduino installer. We have seen that many times, but it almost always manifests as only some files (typically executables or Java code) not installed.

By default the Teensyduino installer should have put everything into C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino, unless you selected some other location. Maybe use Windows Explorer to explicitly navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino and then launch Arduino by double clicking on it from that specific location.

In addition to seeing Teensyduino in the Tools > Boards menu, you can try clicking Help > About in Arduino. If Teensyduino is installed, you should see both the Arduino and Teensyduino versions on the top edge of the About info.

I explicitly navigated to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino and then launched Arduino by double clicking on it from that specific location and everything works. Excellent!

I think I have also killed off the other versions as well.

Thanks for the help.
D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back