Programming Teensy 4.0 by an optical fibre connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric

I have a board with a Teensy 4.0 that is placed too far to be accessed by a USB connection, moreover, it must be electrically insulated from any computer, because it is placed at high voltage. I am currently accessing this board through an optical fibre connection by 2 serial TX, RX signals, that I use to send and receive data from the Teensy 4.0. My question is: is it possible to program the Teensy 4.0 through this kind of optical fibre connection? Or, is there any serial connection, different from USB, that I could use to program the Teensy 4.0 through optical fibres?

I did a quick (5 seconds) search and found these.

EDIT: They are an expensive solution. You could use a pair of these, connect one to a second Teensy and program it to program the first Teensy.
Alternatively use the "over the air" (which I think includes serial (UART) interface) to program the Teensy.

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast reply. I already have the hardware to interface the serial signals with the optical fibre. My problem is how to program the Teensy 4.0 through the serial port, instead of USB. What do you mean when you say "connect one to a second Teensy and program it to program the first Teensy."
Do I need to use 2 Teensy for programming the main one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back