Teensy 3.2, audio board, SD card and all 3 serial ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx266

Hello all

Been a while since I posted on here.
Thinking about a project and want to use a 3.2 with the audio board but am going to need all three serial ports. What would be the best way to achieve this?
I know about SPI.set..... but any suggestions as to which pins would be best to choose would be a help.

Bit rusty with Teensy, but it'll come back to me.

Thanks in advance.

S

Hello all

Been a while since I posted on here.
Thinking about a project and want to use a 3.2 with the audio board but am going to need all three serial ports. What would be the best way to achieve this?
I know about SPI.set..... but any suggestions as to which pins would be best to choose would be a help.

Bit rusty with Teensy, but it'll come back to me.

Thanks in advance.

S

Unfortunately the 3.2 audio shield uses pin 9 for BRCLK (one of the I2S clock bits). Pin 9 is normally the receive port for Serial2. There is an alternate pin that can be used for the Serial2 receive port, but you would have to solder a wire underneath the Teensy to get to this. You would also have to add a call to tell the library that you are using alternate pin.

The Teensy 4.0 has the same problem, that Serial2 that overlaps with the I2S pins. But the Teensy 4.0 has Serial4 that you can use instead.

The Teensy 3.5, 3.6, and 4.1 also have additional Serial ports that can be used without having to solder wires underneath the board.

If you go for the Teensy 4.0/4.1, note that many of the pinouts are different except for Serial1, the main I2C and SPI buses. In addition, you need to use revision D of the audio board since audio has different pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back