"Serial + MIDI" VS "MIDI" alone? Also, how to access serial data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatheround

Hey everyone!
So I've recently completed a little MIDI controller that sends MIDI data via USB using the Teeny LC. Everything is working great so far. I've Compiled this as "MIDI" and I'm still using the Serial.print for some debugging information, etc so I can see it through Arduino Monitor.

So I guess I'm wondering, what is the difference between what I'm doing now (Compiling as "MIDI" and sending out commands via Serial.print) compared to compiling as "Serial + MIDI"?

Does it change how someone is able to access that Serial data stream? (Like if they aren't using Arduino Monitor for example)

I am a dinosaur in electronics, first trained USAF basic electronics 1964. I too am in the process of building a DB 15 conversion to a USB using the Teensy 2.0 (ATMEGA32U4 Chip). The attached schematic shows a midi with the designation of 220 Rmidi. I assume that the 220 indicates 220 ohms, but The "R" in midi may or may not indicate a resistor. Does anyone have a source for this component? 2adaptffbjoy-circuit.png

I am a dinosaur in electronics, first trained USAF basic electronics 1964. I too am in the process of building a DB 15 conversion to a USB using the Teensy 2.0 (ATMEGA32U4 Chip). The attached schematic shows a midi with the designation of 220 Rmidi. I assume that the 220 indicates 220 ohms, but The "R" in midi may or may not indicate a resistor. Does anyone have a source for this component? View attachment 26958

Rmidi is just a 220 ohm resistor as you suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back