What microcontrollers/boards are compatible with the teensy audio library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albnys

I'm working on some smaller audio projects where a teensy would be a bit overkill. But I really like the teensy audio library and was wondering if there are any smaller/cheaper microcontrollers/boards that will work with the audio library. Preferably something with a built in Dac.

Any suggestions are welcome!

I'm pretty sure its specific to the particular microcontrollers used in T3's and T4's as all the I/O stuff uses DMA hardware directly
on those processors (so its specific to the actual processor or family of processors), that's going to restrict things. There are a
few threads around here about Teensy compatibles with different footprint.

Adafruit forked it to work with the Metro boards. I think someone tried to make it work with the Due, and some other M0 boards.
But AFAIK nobody has made an effort to _maintain_ these ports.
Apologies if I have misrepresented anyone here.

I looked up seeeduino. And mostly found results of the seeeduino xiao. Do you think that might work as well?
It fits my needs prefectly!

I too have a Xiao and wanted to know if it works with the Teensy Audio Library.
In comparison to the Teensy, the Xiao is the equivalent of the Teensy LC, including a DAC port.
So maybe it could do the same minimal Teensy Audio things the LC can do?
I have used the Teensy Audio Library with the Teensy LC. It is underpowered for many of bigger audio projects (less speed, fewer timers, much less RAM), but it can be used to generate waveforms and noise and envelopes.
So maybe the Xiao can do a little audio?

Perhaps yes if you port the library. It is not a Freescale part, so the periphals are incompatible to Teensy, of course.
For the DAC only, it shouldn't be too complicated.

But it is much easier to just connect a 0,20$ PT8211 from ALI to the Teensy LC

I'll probably port the float variant of the lib to ESP. Maybe. Someday.

I tried the seeeduino library and it does not support xiao. But probably not impossible to get it working for someone with experience porting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back