Teensy 4.1 Centipede Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHobby

I have discover the Centipede Shield 2.0 and want to know how to use with Teensy 4.1

I avoid to use Arduino in this case and just want to wire for Centipede and Teensy

How can this accomplish?

Jean Luc

Thank you for reply. I saw in documentation for centipede and want to know in Teensy where are i2c wires in control for centipede? I am understanding power and grounding on Teensy but not i2c connects.

Jean Luc

I2C lines are dark purple on the Teensy pinout card. 18,19,16,17,24,25 depending on which I2C peripheral you choose.

The MCP23017 chip on that shield will not interwork with 3.3V if powered from 5V - you'd need level shifters.

However there's a power jumper on the shield so you can disconnect the 5V from it, and presumably then power it at 3.3V
from the T4.1's 3V3 pin. The MCP23017 is compatible with 3.3V power. That gives 3.3V expanded GPIOs.

Yes and thanks for reply. I see the colours and pins on the documentation for Teensy 4.1
One question—how am I telling Teensy what the pins will do when there a several options for a pin?
How does Teensy know what I use a pin for?

The library is 'WIRE.h'

See {local install}\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire\examples\Scanner\Scanner.ino.

Using Wire is the main i2c bus SCL and SDA - for those pins 19 and 18, and changing to Wire1 will use SDA1 and SCL1 as marked on the card in BOLD pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back