Teensy 4.0 SD Card and USB Host Connection

Neal

I have a space constrained application and want to use the Teensy 4.0 instead of a Teensy 4.1. My application also needs an SD card and USB Host. Has anyone successfully added an SD card socket and a connector for accessing the USB Host pins on the Teensy 4.0?

Sorry if this was already posted in the Forum somewhere, but I couldn't find any mention of this.

There are a few different ways that people gained access to these pins during the T4 beta..

A couple of adapter boards like:
screenshot.jpg
But that probably won't help you much on the space issue.

Also may depend on if you are doing this as a one off, or as part of something where you are making lots of...

At one point I had another castellated solder on like the bottom of T4 to connect like the one marked 4236, but I don't see it right now...
Others have used Pogo or the like.

USB Host - is reasonably easy with POGO or soldering wires on and the like.

SD is more of a pain, I have hand soldered a couple of the ribbon cable connectors with not great success, but I have 10 left thumbs so others are better at this.
Other option is simply to use an SPI SD adapter. Not as fast for somethings, but lot easier to connect one up.

Hopefully others will give you more ideas.

Good suggestions. I am not a big fan of POGO connections, but I will take a closer look at the SPI SD route. Thanks

Back