Big project and Sketch

rayhall

Hello I am new to the Arduino IDE and I am struggling with only having one Sketch page or file to write all my code. In the past I would have many file and use #Include
Is there a way to use a few Sketch's .
Ray.

Most of my projects have at least several files and I don’t love using the Arduino IDE for them. (I’ll use it for small test programs.) My current favourite is Visual Studio Code plus the PlatformIO plug-in.

Several files in Arduino works.
Simply put several *.ino files in one folder (you can put there also *.h or *.c files etc. and #include them).
But you must have one *.ino file with the same name like the folder itself (there you have to do all #includes and so on).

If you work under Windows and don't like dependency on third party tools you can also have a look here: https://github.com/luni64/VisualTeensy. It simply sets up a vsCode Teensy project by generating some project files. Full support for vsCode intellisense, git integration etc. The 'unique selling point' (its for free of course) is that the generated project is self contained. I.e. you only need VisualTeensy once for generation of the project.

The version from the video above is a bit old / slow. Here the current compilation speed (<10s from scratch)

Back