Teensy 4.1 PDM (Power distribution module) guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsormeroid

Hey there everyone, I am a new and eager Teensy user. I have only played around with rpi4 and so.e simple arduino uno stuff. Picked up a teensy 4.1 (also came with a free 3.0 from a friend), into what I'm trying to put together here.

I have seen it done in a couple YouTube videos, but id like to try and create a pdm project using one of the teensy boards. Nothing wild starting out. Just a can bus Keypad and either double fet boards or profet boards with maybe 6 outputs rated to 15-25A, and a couple analog and digital inputs. And it would be controlled via canbus keypad.

I'm big into motorsports, I even have the ecumaster Black and PMU16 (pdm) but I'm essentially trying to create a version of the pmu16, just smaller.

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to message me as well.

Hey there everyone, I am a new and eager Teensy user. I have only played around with rpi4 and so.e simple arduino uno stuff. Picked up a teensy 4.1 (also came with a free 3.0 from a friend), into what I'm trying to put together here.

I have seen it done in a couple YouTube videos, but id like to try and create a pdm project using one of the teensy boards. Nothing wild starting out. Just a can bus Keypad and either double fet boards or profet boards with maybe 6 outputs rated to 15-25A, and a couple analog and digital inputs. And it would be controlled via canbus keypad.

I'm big into motorsports, I even have the ecumaster Black and PMU16 (pdm) but I'm essentially trying to create a version of the pmu16, just smaller.

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to message me as well.

Small update, boards have arrived and going to start playing with the can bus with the can line on my project car, since it's an isolated bus and only has my equipment, keypad, display, and pdm on the line.

What is a good website, app, or tutorial series to learn to code arduinos? I can't find much, it's all primarily the same basic setup stuff. Any suggestions?

If there are any questions, comments, or opinions on this project, I'd be happy to listen.

JWhat is a good website said:
This forum and the PJRC website are fantastic resources for working with Teensy. Just follow the instructions to install Arduino and TeensyDuino. There are a few very simple tutorials. I recommend just going through the list of libraries delivered with TeensyDuino. You'll likely need a number of them, and each one has its own set of example sketches (programs) that you can access via the Arduino IDE.

Great thank you for the help. I have been going through some of them that came with the Arduino IDE, but when compiling libraries, is there a certain method to adding them together?

I am looking into some courses to learn python or C

Lookup i2t for fuse modelling. Use Suitable connectors, protect and filter all inputs. You’ll need some way of testing large loads out of the car, I used 12v heater, spot lights etc, lastly be prepared to fry quite a few boards as you develop! I converted user logic from text to a p-code to run custom logic functions, also configuration isn’t trivial for a generic system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back