Which pin(s) for POWER OUT???

EAL727Capt

On the board I'm currently working with, can someone kindly advise me which is the POWER OUT pin?

I'm assuming its 3.3V on any Teensy board (I have several v4.1 and v3.2 boards).

I know that Vin is 'voltage in.'

I ask because when I hook up my multimeter to the 3.3V and GND pins, I'm not getting any voltage readings...it is zero. When checking for voltage, I do have the Teensy attached to and recognized by the PC.

I am attempting to use Teensy with a Centipede Shield.

Thank you very much in advance for any clarification and guidance.

On the board I'm currently working with, can someone kindly advise me which is the POWER OUT pin?

I'm assuming its 3.3V on any Teensy board (I have several v4.1 and v3.2 boards).

I know that Vin is 'voltage in.'

I ask because when I hook up my multimeter to the 3.3V and GND pins, I'm not getting any voltage readings...it is zero. When checking for voltage, I do have the Teensy attached to and recognized by the PC.

I am attempting to use Teensy with a Centipede Shield.

Thank you very much in advance for any clarification and guidance.

Depends on which voltage you need. The Vin can be used as VOut, too. That's (more or less) 5V.
The 3.3V pin gives you 3.3V.

Your multimeter is
a) defective
or b) has the wrong settings.

Or you're measuring the wrong pins.

For reference, here are the schematics which answer your questions, too: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/schematic.html

Hello and thank you for your kind and rapid reply.

I have often wondered if my multimeter was wonky and will be purchasing a new one today.

For my current project, I will be using either a Teensy 3.2 or 4.1 connected to a Centipede Shield v2.0. I understand that the only connections between the two (2) boards needed are power, ground, SCL and SDA.
I just want to ensure that I'm utilizing the correct POWER OUT (to the Centipede Shield board) on either Teensy boards. I'm told that 3.3v will be just fine.

I was not aware that Vin on the Teensy boards could also be utilized as Vout, albeit for 5V.

I had made measurements on the Teensy boards from the 3.3V and GND pins without any voltage reading...which, as you said, could indicate a 'bad' multimeter.

On this same topic, on the Teensy boards, I'm seeing connections available on the end for VBat, 3.3V, GND, Program and DAC/A14 yet they do not have header pins soldered.
Is it possible that these 3.3V and GND connections need to be soldered and utilized instead?

Thank you once again for the explanations.

Is it possible that these 3.3V and GND connections need to be soldered and utilized instead?
You can use these pins as well.

About your multimeter: please check your testleads also. Can your multimeter measure resistance? If so, short the testleads and see if the resistance is less than 1 ohm.

Paul

I am so glad you mentioned resistance. As a test, I took a 220 ohm resistor, as well as a 330 ohm resistor and both read their correct values. Also, on the 'continuity' setting, when both leads are touching, I get the BEEEEEEP. As yet another test, when set to 'voltage,' shorting them gives a reading of ZERO. This is one of those things that make you say 'Hmmmmmm.' LOL

Nevertheless, my appreciation for the replies. As a newbie to the world of electronics, I wanted to make sure I'm reading the specs and documentation correctly to gain knowledge.

Jay

Back