The pc does not recognize teensy.

Ataliba Júnior

First, thank you very much Paul for making all these tools available so that we can put the ideas into practice. Congratulations!

Last year I bought a Teensy 4.1 on the PJRC website and kept it. This week, I soldered the pins on teensy but when I went to connect it to the pc, it didn't light up the leds and some resistors near the usb port got very hot. The pc does not recognize teensy. What could it be?

Look for shorts in your soldering. Both between pins and from pins to components. You might post picture, others may see possible shorts or the like.

If you have multimeter, I would check resistance between VIN and GND, 3.3v and GND and 3.3V to Vin and see if any of them are showing a short.

Also if you have it plugged into anything or anything plugged into it but USB, try only USB.

Look for shorts in your soldering. Both between pins and from pins to components. You might post picture, others may see possible shorts or the like.

If you have multimeter, I would check resistance between VIN and GND, 3.3v and GND and 3.3V to Vin and see if any of them are showing a short.

Also if you have it plugged into anything or anything plugged into it but USB, try only USB.

Thank you very much KurtE! I will do these tests.

Back