Signal Gate with Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwas

This could be a very simple answer but I'm stumped. I've been looking to make multiple on/off connections controlled by MIDI into a teensy 3.6. I can get the midi input but I am at a loss on how to trigger on/off actions with a teensy and just let the voltage in flow through to the out when the correct midi note is selected. I can monitor the MIDI inputs just fine, I am just at a loss on how to toggle the flow of voltage on and off.
Thank you

You would use an analog switch chip to do that. What voltage range are we talking about?

Max 5V from the outputs I've tested
That's not a range...

If I can assume the voltage is in the 0..5V range then 74HCTxx series CMOS analog switches might be a good choice.
If the voltage could be negative you'd need to find analog switches rated for dual-rail supply.

That's not a range...

If I can assume the voltage is in the 0..5V range then 74HCTxx series CMOS analog switches might be a good choice.
If the voltage could be negative you'd need to find analog switches rated for dual-rail supply.

Sorry, yeah I meant 0-5V. Sorry I have no formal training, just some experience making midi controllers/small DIY projects. The CMOS switches look promising, going to have to do some learning. I've been looking at https://www.amazon.ca/ELEGOO-Channel-Optocoupler-Arduino-Raspberry/dp/B06XCKQ1M9/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=arduino%2Brelay%2Bswitch&qid=1642612950&sprefix=aurduino%2Brelay%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-7&th=1 after continuing research but I assume I'd need some sort of transistor to trigger the relay to get to the 5V it needs (or just move over to an Arduino UNO, etc.)

74HCT4051, 74HCT4053, 74HCT4066, 74HCT4067, many others exist, "CMOS analog switch chip" is a good search term. A key specification is the on-resistance for analog switches which can be quite high and may affect your choice - but without knowing what the signals are you are switching, nor the amount of current involved, its not clear what would work for you.

I've chosen the 74HCT family as they accept 3.3V logic inputs and are powered at 5V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back