USB Hub and Teensy issues...

EAL727Capt

Hello, all.

I have a USB Hub with 10 separate ports, all are working perfectly.

I have two (2) Teensy 4.1 boards attached to the Hub, each with a different sketch loaded.

Under TOOLS / PORT:, I'm seeing the following:

"hid#vid_16c0&pid_0488 FlightSim Teensy 4.1"

You're not seeing double..its there twice.

Is this an issue with this particular type of USB Hub? When I load each different sketch, it always goes to the same 4.1 board. I'd like sketch #1 to go to Board 1 and sketch #2 to go to Board 2.
I will be using a number of different Teensy boards for my flight sim project in the future which will require numerous USB Hubs.

How would I proceed in this case?

Thanks so much.

Jay

P.S. This is the exact USB Hub I currently have:

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Tra...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited:
From the PJRC USB Flight Sim page:
USB Hubs & Controllers

USB hubs should be "Multi-TT" (Transaction Translator) types. The Multi-TT design allows many 12 Mbit/sec Teensy boards to share a single 480 Mbit/sec USB port. Single-TT hubs do NOT properly share USB bandwidth!

My apologies for the late reply.

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion. I had done research on this topic and I truly appreciate your kind feedback.

I have two (2) Teensy 4.1 boards attached to the Hub, each with a different sketch loaded.

Under TOOLS / PORT:, I'm seeing the following:

You're not seeing double..its there twice.

Is this an issue with this particular type of USB Hub?

I'm pretty sure your USB hub is fine. The problem is the names which appear in the Tools > Ports menu aren't descriptive enough. Everything is probably working fine, but the software just isn't showing you that clearly.

As you select each identical-looking device in the Ports menu, watch the result in the lower right corner of the Arduino window.

screenshot.png

The specific formatting shown is different between Linux, MacOS,Windows, but on all systems it is a set of numbers which represent the physical USB port location on your PC or Mac. You should see it change as you select each device. Even though they appear identical in that menu, this can confirm whether the actual port location is changing when you select each of them.

I'm pretty sure your USB hub is fine. The problem is the names which appear in the Tools > Ports menu aren't descriptive enough. Everything is probably working fine, but the software just isn't showing you that clearly.

As you select each identical-looking device in the Ports menu, watch the result in the lower right corner of the Arduino window.

View attachment 27493

The specific formatting shown is different between Linux, MacOS,Windows, but on all systems it is a set of numbers which represent the physical USB port location on your PC or Mac. You should see it change as you select each device. Even though they appear identical in that menu, this can confirm whether the actual port location is changing when you select each of them.

Thank you so much for this....I had noticed this 'change' just over the past weekend...never occurred to me to even look there during the compilation process.

Live and learn, eh? LOL

Your kind reply is muchly appreciated.

Jay

Back