Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.1 Carrier Board

Teensy 4.1 Carrier Board

Hi everybody

For a project I searched for an adaptor board, similar to the OctoWS2811 Adaptor but with more channels. There are also some other features I need, like audio and a USB host connector.
    There are different adaptors available for everything, but not a single board with all the features. So I decided to design my own carrier board for the Teensy 4.1. At the moment I'd like to integrate the following features

• USB Type C for Power and Programming
    • DC Jack for Power
    • USB Type A Host Connector
    • Ethernet (RJ45)
    • 16-Channel OctoWS2811 (4x RJ45)
    • 2x mikroBUS Connector (for MikroElektronika Click Boards
    • Audio Interface (SGTL5000)

This is the pinout I cam up with. Some features will also be supported by the Teensy 4.0.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teensy_4.1_Carrier_Board_Pinout_00.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	27275

Before I start with the design I wanted to get your opinions. Is something like this already available?
    Are you interested in a carrier board like this? Do you see any problems with my current pinout? What other features would you like?

Regards, Ibis

The closest I know of is this T4.1 expansion board by BurgessWorld. It doesn't have MikroBus connectors, but it has most (all?) of what you want, i.e. Ethernet, USB, easy access to all pins. It also has CAN, and WiFi and/or Bluetooth via ESP.

https://www.tindie.com/products/cbur...pansion-board/

USB-C for programming may not be possible. The T4.1 is programmed via the micro usb.

Consider adding QWIIC