Teensy Micromod I2C

bvernham

So I think if I am using the Teensy Microrod I am actually using WireIMXRT.h which gives me a #define BUFFER_LENGTH 136

Is this correct?

If so why can't I increase the packet sent > 30?

Is 136 the actual maximum of the hardware or just for the library?

Can this be increased? I think the hardware max is 255?

Thanks

Bruce

If you have #include "Wire.h" in your code and your Arduino IDE is building for Teensy Micromod, then yes, you would be using WireIMXRT.h. Looks to me like 136 is just the size of the RX/TX buffers in the class. The hardware FIFOs in the LPI2C module are only 4 words, so I'm not sure where the 30 comes in. You'll have to show your code and say more about what you're doing.

Well it is not what I am doing but what https://github.com/blues/note-arduino is doing.

They say you can increase the maximum message in the "begin" declaration. I even tried 64 which should work just fine if the Micromod Teensy should be no issue but nothing.

So I am just checking if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Bruce

I see that the buffer size did change size about 2 months ago. Before that it was 30. Now if you are like me and you have a fork of the library installed in your <sketches>/library folder, you may want to verify if that version of the library has been updated.

You might double check when you build. It will say something like it is using ... for the wire library and not yyy...

Back