Teensy 4.1 "Semi-Bricked" - It (Kinda) Works, Just Not With My Code

jtwine

NOT Resolved: It started happening again after I added code to flash the builtin LED (13) at certain points during initialization. WTH? Can someone explain the bootloader LED flashes and what they mean?

------

Resolved: The uploading/bootloader problem went away if I disconnected my LCD display when uploading. Maybe the combined power draw was too much? I moved the USB cable to a powered hub and it seems to have resolved things (I can upload even with the display connected). Still want to know what those bootloader flashes mean, though...

------

So I have been using this T4.1 device for several days now. About 2 hours ago, it no longer presents a COM port when it is connected to the PC. Here is what happened - I compiled and uploaded the latest version of my code but instead of it running, the T4.1 just sat there, and flashed its bootloader LED 7 times. The memory information for the code follows:
Code:
teensy_size*: Memory Usage on Teensy 4.1
teensy_size*: FLASH: code:265848, data:85480, headers:8192   free for files:7766944
teensy_size*: RAM1: variables:39172, code:131192, padding:32648   free for local variables:321276
# Copy build result to 'Project>Property Pages>Intermediate Directory'
teensy_size*: RAM2: variables:12416  free for malloc\new:511872
The environment does not detect any error and tries to start a debugging session. But I get the following error in my serial monitor window:
Code:
Opening port
Debug off
Port failed to open
To try connecting again untick and then tick the 'Connect' button or switch on communications 'Auto Reconnect' in the options
Opening port
Debug off
Port failed to open
The Micro Debug Trace window just shows its normal Launching Debugger... spiel and then stops a few seconds later with Debugging has exited.

Power cycling the T4.1 results in the bootloader LED flashing 8 times (or 9 times, if you count the initial flash when first connected). It does nothing else and is certainly not running my code. Attempting to re-upload from either the IDE or by pressing the button yields the same behavior - everything looks like it got uploaded successfully (I can see the upload progress bar run to completion and I see the LED flickering rapidly), but nothing runs. I just get the same pattern of flashes. I looked around for information on what the LED flashes mean but found nothing useful.

I can get it back to the "factory reset" Blink application (hold down the button for ~14 seconds, etc.), and that appears to work, so the T4.1 is capable of erasing flash and executing code, but once I try to upload anything new I get the same behavior as above. Also, I did find information here that got me back to where it shows a COM port again (yay!) but when I try to upload my code the same thing happens again (boo!).

So the T4.1 is semi-bricked - it runs code, just not the code I want it to. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong that is causing this behavior? Did I cross some magic size barrier that I need to account for somewhere? Oh, and I am using the following libraries:
  • LiquidCrystal_I2C_Hangul
  • eeprom
  • NativeEthernet (n.b. I had just changed to this when the problems started! Coincidence? )
  • SPI
  • HardwareSerial
Update: I changed NativeEthernet back to the normal Ethernet library - no change in behavior. It was worth a shot...

Thanks!

Peace!

-=- James.

Last edited:
What version of the IDE and TeensyDuino? Windows or other OS?

TeensyDuino 1.56 should have stabilized any issues with RED LED blink - only the bootloader chip can do that.

Looking at the T_4.1 bootloader product page the RED LED blink codes are there - but that should not have anything to do with a production T_4.1 - unless some device is causing problems with power quality or rise time in some fashion.

VS2022 with whatever version was available for download last week (Visual.Micro.Arduino.Studio_21_11_08_2213). TeensyDuino is 1.56, also from the download last week.

> Looking at the T_4.1 bootloader product page the RED LED blink codes are there -

I am not seeing a link called "bootloader" on the T4.1 tree on the left, and searching for "bootloader" on the T4.1 main page only tells me about the LED, but not what the flashes mean. I remember seeing something about the order of bringing up power, but I do not remember anything detailing bootloader LED flashes. Would you mind linking it, please?

Thanks!

Peace!

After the 15-second hold/reset, did you try building/loading a very simple sketch, such as Blink? If not, that would be worthwhile.

Did a search for Teensy bootloader and this came up - it is the notes on the stand alone bootloader chip PJRC sells for DIY boards:

pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html

Yes, try the 15 sec Restore and some simple sketches. Maybe just using the display or whatever uses the SPI or some other PART of the system to see that work - with simple example code to see it work or find a more easily reproducible case for anyone without all the hardware and software in use on the troubled device.

Thanks - Also...

Did a search for Teensy bootloader and this came up - it is the notes on the stand alone bootloader chip PJRC sells for DIY boards:
pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html

I saw that page before when I mentioned the power up sequence but I completely missed the information at the bottom, thanks. 9 flashes is what I am getting, it also does not repeat after a pause like the page indicates, I dunno if that means anything or not.

So I just discovered something interesting - in power cycling it a few times to confirm the number of flashes, it booted into my code once! I had pulled the power in the middle of the flash sequence and when I reconnected, the COM port appeared and I saw the flashes on the normal LED (13) indicating my code was starting up.

Yes, I already did the simple sketch thingy - that is part of the recovery process I documented above to get a COM port back after resetting back to Blink.

Update: It only flashes 7 times right after loading the new code - right after the download completes and the T4.1 reboots, it flashes 7 times. Power cycling causes it to then flash 9 times. 7 flashes can be a issue with code startup so I will investigate there.

Update 2: Now I am getting this every now and then. WTH causes this besides the obvious message shown?
WTHIsThis.png

Last edited:
After the 15-second hold/reset, did you try building/loading a very simple sketch, such as Blink? If not, that would be worthwhile.
Yes - as mentioned in my original post:

> Also, I did find information here (click the link) that got me back to where it shows a COM port again (yay!) but when I try to upload my code the same thing happens again (boo!).

So what does that tell me other than what I already know - my code, when loaded, semi-bricks the T4.1 ;)

I also just got finished changing all objects used from Arduino-style global instances to ones that are allocated on-demand, just to reduce the amount of code that might be executing at "global scope" before setup() is even called. This made no difference. The next thing I am gonna try is cutting the size of the sketch by cutting some functionality and changing the build type from Release back to Debug.

Thanks!

Peace!

Video of What is Happening

Correction for the above - it is flashing 8 times, the first flash is just a little hard to discern from the flickering that takes place during the flashing process. I have also tried reducing the size of my code, this made no difference either. By quickly connecting and disconnecting the USB cable from the host I can sometimes get my code to run! So is this really an odd power issue? And if so, why do the standard Blink and the USB-Serial sketch run normally every time?

Here is a video of what it is doing while and after being flashed, and then after a power cycle. This happens regardless of my pre-installing a Blink-style sketch that enables the USB Serial so that the COM port becomes visible again. I have also tried shutting down and restarting both the Teensy Loader (v.1.56) and my computer. No change.

Can someone please explain to me how and/or why Arduino-style code could cause a bootloader-level error? I could understand the code starting and immediately crashing before it even gets to execute the setup() method, but not so low in the booting process. My code should not even be running at this point where the error is occurring... right? So how could I have possibly interfered with functionality that should be so far out of my reach?

Thanks!

Peace!

Do I understand correctly that you can load and run a simple Blink program normally, but loading your own program causes this odd behavior? If so, then I would guess that either your code is somehow detected as invalid by the bootloader, or somehow causing the bootloader to crash, or is being loaded then causing a crash on the main CPU.

In your video, I would call that 7 blinks. At Defragster's link is the following for 7 blinks. I put bold on what may be the operative sentences.

7 Blinks = ARM JTAG DAP Communication Error

A communication error was detected, but after correctly detecting (4 blinks) and initializing the ARM JTAG DAP (9 blinks). Programs which crash or have unusual startup behavior can cause a temporary 7 blink error at startup. With a known-good program or blank flash chip, this error may indicate a severe signal quality problem or any of the signal wires shorted to other lines which are initially high impedance but become output after a program is running. But these types of hardware issues are unusual, because hardware trouble for 7 blinks requires first successfully passing tests which would cause 4 or 9 blinks. 7 blinks can also be shown if the processor reboots, either by software write to SCB_AIRCR or due to fault or other error handling, while communication is in progress. If you see 7 blinks, program the flash memory with a simple known-good code before investigating hardware trouble.

About That...

Do I understand correctly that you can load and run a simple Blink program normally, but loading your own program causes this odd behavior?
Yes, it is my code that is not running correctly. But one of the most important things from my first post: this just started happening for no apparent reason. My code had been running for more than 4 days, and I have been making incremental changes/fixes here and there and then all of a sudden, it all just stopped working. Rolling back to a previous version (when things were running) did not fix things.

If so, then I would guess that either your code is somehow detected as invalid by the bootloader, or somehow causing the bootloader to crash, or is being loaded then causing a crash on the main CPU.
About that... I can sometimes get my code to run if I toggle power to the T4.1 enough times. Since my code seems to run correctly at least sometimes, I would not think it is invalid. So maybe there is something non-deterministic about how the bootloader works, like an internal race condition within it, or my code is magically changing opcodes around in memory (which I find extremely hard to believe unless there is a issue with the Flash).

Besides, if my code had actually started to run and crash the main CPU, should that not be way past the bootloader? It should be far into the Arduino-ish environment by that time and I find it hard to believe that my code would start to execute and then switch back to the bootloader to make it flash its LED. Does that make sense? Also, as mentioned above, it sometimes runs after a a round of power cycling.

I also eliminated the Arduino-style of using singleton-ish objects that are instantiated at global/static scope and changed to wrappers that instantiate my objects on-demand and then return them. That should eliminate most of not all "real" code that I wrote from executing at global/static scope (other than static PODT variables). This made no difference either.

I have the feeling this is somehow power-related. I get better luck getting things to run if I leave the T4.1 connected and power-cycle my host system. That seems to work maybe 1 out of 10 times or so.

Thanks!

Peace!

Since my code seems to run correctly at least sometimes, I would not think it is invalid. So maybe there is something non-deterministic about how the bootloader works, like an internal race condition within it, or my code is magically changing opcodes around in memory (which I find extremely hard to believe unless there is a issue with the Flash).

If you have another T4.1, you can test the power-related theory. If you can always load/run a blink program after you do the 15-second reboot, then I'd say it's a software issue, and unless your code runs correctly EVERY time, it's not entirely "valid" from the T4.1's perspective. I put valid in quotes because your program might somehow be on a boundary where it does sometime work. I think what you need to do is break down your program to something simpler that works EVERY time, then build it back up and figure out where the crashes begin.

Thanks again, but...

If you have another T4.1, you can test the power-related theory. If you can always load/run a blink program after you do the 15-second reboot, then I'd say it's a software issue, and unless your code runs correctly EVERY time, it's not entirely "valid" from the T4.1's perspective. I put valid in quotes because your program might somehow be on a boundary where it does sometime work. I think what you need to do is break down your program to something simpler that works EVERY time, then build it back up and figure out where the crashes begin.

I have a couple of others, but if I somehow have put this one into an odd state, I do not want to do it to the other two that I have. Recall as I wrote above: once this started happening, I rolled back to a build that was at least several hours old that worked before the issue started, and that older version did not run, either. So I believe something has changed in the hardware - maybe when I get to a certain address in the Flash problems start? (This could be as simple as an ESD issue that is causing latent and random failures.)

I am gonna try filling the flash with larger and larger sketches and see if that causes the issue.

Thanks!

Peace!

I have a couple of others, but if I somehow have put this one into an odd state, I do not want to do it to the other two that I have. Recall as I wrote above: once this started happening, I rolled back to a build that was at least several hours old that worked before the issue started, and that older version did not run, either. So I believe something has changed in the hardware - maybe when I get to a certain address in the Flash problems start? (This could be as simple as an ESD issue that is causing latent and random failures.)

I am gonna try filling the flash with larger and larger sketches and see if that causes the issue.

Thanks!

Peace!

Given the repro is intermittent - the prior saved state may have seemed to work then.

Except during Programming the bootloader chip is idle, After Startup!

During startup the bootloader is an active component AFAIK where it directs power up and 1062 MCU startup. That is where those blink codes come in as it interacts with the 1062 to bring it up. Once started before code runs the bootloader is basically idle AFAIK watching program pin.

Attached devices may act differently in cold power on, versus warm restart where they take power or alter the T_4.1 PCB power rise and flow. That it seems could interfere with the normal programmed and expected timing during startup of the 1062 having the bootloader see the 1062 not starting and issuing the blink codes.

p#5 didn't say 'just do blink' "again", but progressively add activation and use of the attached hardware stepwise to see if one device is surging power or something interfering with the 'boot' process resulting in the blink code state.

Also perhaps try using the IDE with TeensyDuino 1.56 to build and directly upload the code to see if the behavior reproduces.

Beta testing was done using the IDE and included using various large amounts of Flash. Also forcing significant code to run from well filled flash.

Okay. While you're testing the flash theory, you can separate from any issues that might exist in your code by filling up flash with data instead of code. You could start with the basic Blink sketch and use the method shown below to declare a large array that will reside in flash. Note that in addition to defining the array, you must also reference it in your code, as shown with the printf(). If the array is never accessed. the compiler/linker will optimize it out.

Code:
#define LARGE_ARRAY_TEST (0)	// 1 = define large array for large code download

#if (LARGE_ARRAY_TEST)
// nested arrays of integers to add code size for testing 
#define A0 { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10,11,12,13,14,15}  // 16  elements 64
#define A1 {A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0,A0}  // 256 elements 1KB 
#define A2 {A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1,A1}  // 4K  elements 16KB
#define A3 {A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2,A2}  // 64K elements 256KB 
#define A4 {A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3,A3}  // 1M  elements 4MB

// const variables reside in flash and get optimized out if never accessed
// use uint8_t -> 1MB, uint16_t -> 2MB, uint32_t -> 4MB, uint64_t -> 8MB)
PROGMEM const uint8_t a[16][16][16][16][16] = A4;
#endif

Code:
#if (LARGE_ARRAY_TEST) // if true, access array so it doesn't get optimized out
  Serial->printf( "Large Array Test -- %08lX\n", (uint32_t)&a[15][15][15][15][15] );
#endif

Thanks for that

Okay. While you're testing the flash theory, you can separate from any issues that might exist in your code by filling up flash with data instead of code. (...)
Thanks for the suggestion and the code PP shortcuts - I will incorporate it into my testing.

Peace!

Thanks for the Info...

[...] p#5 didn't say 'just do blink' "again", but progressively add activation and use of the attached hardware stepwise to see if one device is surging power or something interfering with the 'boot' process resulting in the blink code state.
That is what I am trying now. Hopefully I will have some more information and or figure something out. I could have sworn the issue started when I switched from the "normal' Ethernet library to NativeEthernet, but things still failed after rolling that change back. Maybe I should take a crawl though that code looking for global/static initialized stuff...

Peace!

That is what I am trying now. Hopefully I will have some more information and or figure something out. I could have sworn the issue started when I switched from the "normal' Ethernet library to NativeEthernet, but things still failed after rolling that change back. Maybe I should take a crawl though that code looking for global/static initialized stuff...

Peace!

Good luck.
Very odd that running code can get to a bootloader Blink situation.

Unless the sketch is starting (maybe in an odd MCU state) and wigging out the processor causing a restart where the bootloader gets involved.

Wonder if sketch code for: void startup_late_hook(void) {}
To do a pinmode output and setting it high would be visible (on a scope or LA ) - then maybe do a short wait ...
> if it hits that code responsively it shows it is completing the reset then crashing hard quickly.
>> There is also startup_middle_hook() to get earlier in the startup before setup() - haven't looked lately as it is too early for some things.
>> ALSO:: startup_early_hook(); // must be in FLASHMEM, as ITCM is not yet initialized!

Line #72 in {local CORES install}\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\startup.c , has a commented enable and HIGH of Pin #13

No Good News...

Good luck.
Very odd that running code can get to a bootloader Blink situation.

Unless the sketch is starting (maybe in an odd MCU state) and wigging out the processor causing a restart where the bootloader gets involved.

Wonder if sketch code for: void startup_late_hook(void) {}
To do a pinmode output and setting it high would be visible (on a scope or LA ) - then maybe do a short wait ...
> if it hits that code responsively it shows it is completing the reset then crashing hard quickly.
>> There is also startup_middle_hook() to get earlier in the startup before setup() - haven't looked lately as it is too early for some things.
>> ALSO:: startup_early_hook(); // must be in FLASHMEM, as ITCM is not yet initialized!

Line #72 in {local CORES install}\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\startup.c , has a commented enable and HIGH of Pin #13

Thanks for that, but no dice. I added the following code:

Code:
FLASHMEM void startup_early_hook ( void )
{
    pinMode( 28, OUTPUT );
    digitalWriteFast( 28, HIGH );
    delay( 200 );
    digitalWriteFast( 28, LOW );
    delay( 200 );
    digitalWriteFast( 28, HIGH );
    delay( 200 );

return;
}

FLASHMEM void startup_middle_hook( void )
{
    pinMode( 29, OUTPUT );
    digitalWriteFast( 29, HIGH );
    delay( 200 );
    digitalWriteFast( 29, LOW );
    delay( 200 );
    digitalWriteFast( 29, HIGH );
    delay( 200 );

return;
}

FLASHMEM void startup_late_hook( void )
{
    pinMode( 30, OUTPUT );
    digitalWriteFast( 30, HIGH );
    delay( 100 );
    digitalWriteFast( 30, LOW );
    delay( 100 );
    digitalWriteFast( 30, HIGH );
    delay( 100 );

return;
}
... and I attached a scope (a 100 MHz DSO) to all three pins, set to trigger on the rising edge of the signal, and set to capture a single event. All three remained low before and while booting, and the bootloader just flashed its LED. I also tried with the normal digitalWrite function - no difference. Based on this, does it look like things are never even leaving the bootloader correctly?

Peace!

Last edited:
Thanks for that, but no dice.
... and I attached a scope (a 100 MHz DSO) to all three pins, set to trigger on the rising edge of the signal, and set to capture a single event. All three remained low before and while booting, and the bootloader just flashed its LED. I also tried with the normal digitalWrite function - no difference. Based on this, does it look like things are never even leaving the bootloader correctly?

Peace!

That seems to answer that - except in the EARLY hook I'm not sure the 'c' calls for pins work yet -

Also meant to ask if you had the Loader app 'help / Verbose ' open to see any feedback it offers on the process?

I got yer log RIGHT HERE! :)

That seems to answer that - except in the EARLY hook I'm not sure the 'c' calls for pins work yet -
Also meant to ask if you had the Loader app 'help / Verbose ' open to see any feedback it offers on the process?
Yeah, I have had it on for a while, I have captures going back to 10:00 this morning :).
Any ideas on what I can try to do in the early hook to see if it gets there?
I just did a fresh flash with the code that fails to boot:
Code:
20:19:11.976 (post_compile 85): Begin, version=1.56, high-res time
20:19:11.980 (loader): remote connection 2732 opened
20:19:11.981 (post_compile 85): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.56 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
20:19:11.981 (loader): remote cmd from 2732: "comment: Teensyduino 1.56 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
20:19:11.982 (loader): remote cmd from 2732: "status"
20:19:11.994 (loader): remote cmd from 2732: "dir:...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\"
20:19:11.994 (post_compile 85): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\, sketch_jan24a.ino.hex
20:19:11.994 (post_compile 85): Sending command: dir:...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\
20:19:11.997 (loader): remote cmd from 2732: "file:Teensy.ino.hex"
20:19:11.997 (post_compile 85): Sending command: file:Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:12.078 (loader): File "...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\Teensy.ino.hex", 365564 bytes
20:19:12.081 (loader): File "Teensy.ino.hex". 365564 bytes
20:19:12.089 (loader): remote cmd from 2732: "status"
20:19:12.103 (post_compile 85): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:12.103 (post_compile 85): Disconnect
20:19:12.116 (loader): remote connection 2732 closed
20:19:15.424 (post_compile 86): Begin, version=1.56, high-res time
20:19:15.429 (loader): remote connection 2716 opened
20:19:15.433 (post_compile 86): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.56 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
20:19:15.433 (loader): remote cmd from 2716: "comment: Teensyduino 1.56 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
20:19:15.436 (loader): remote cmd from 2716: "status"
20:19:15.452 (loader): remote cmd from 2716: "dir:...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\"
20:19:15.453 (post_compile 86): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:15.453 (post_compile 86): Sending command: dir:...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\
20:19:15.456 (post_compile 86): Sending command: file:Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:15.456 (loader): remote cmd from 2716: "file:Teensy.ino.hex"
20:19:15.537 (loader): File "...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\Teensy.ino.hex", 365564 bytes
20:19:15.540 (loader): File "Teensy.ino.hex". 365564 bytes
20:19:15.552 (loader): remote cmd from 2716: "status"
20:19:15.568 (post_compile 86): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:15.568 (post_compile 86): Disconnect
20:19:15.579 (post_compile 87): Running teensy_reboot: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\..\tools\teensy_reboot.exe" teensy_reboot.exe "-board=TEENSY41" "-port=COM5" "-portlabel={serial.port.label}" "-portprotocol={serial.port.protocol}"
20:19:15.587 (loader): remote connection 2716 closed
20:19:15.595 (loader): remote connection 2716 opened
20:19:15.989 (reboot 88): Begin, version=1.56, high-res time
20:19:15.989 (reboot 88): location = COM5
20:19:15.989 (reboot 88): portlabel = {serial.port.label}
20:19:15.989 (reboot 88): portprotocol = {serial.port.protocol}
20:19:15.989 (reboot 88): LoadLibrary cfgmgr32 ok
20:19:15.989 (reboot 88): LoadLibrary ntdll ok
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#11407170#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1    Port_#0001.Hub_#0001
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0280
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88): found_usb_device, devinst=00000005
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0280, serial=11407170, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#11407170#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88):   port COM5 found from devnode
20:19:15.993 (reboot 88): found_usb_device complete
20:19:15.997 (reboot 88): usb scan found 1 devices
20:19:16.003 (loader): remote connection 2136 opened
20:19:16.011 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "show:arduino_attempt_reboot"
20:19:16.011 (reboot 88): found Teensy Loader, version 1.56
20:19:16.011 (reboot 88): Sending command: show:arduino_attempt_reboot
20:19:16.018 (loader): got request to show arduino rebooting message
20:19:16.025 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "comment: Teensyduino 1.56 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)"
20:19:16.025 (reboot 88): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.56 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)
20:19:16.034 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:16.052 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:16.052 (reboot 88): do_reset (serial) COM5
20:19:16.055 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:16.073 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:16.073 (reboot 88): status read, retry 0
20:19:16.130 (ports 2): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:16.131 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:16.131 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:16.132 (ports 2): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.132 (ports 2): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.132 (ports 2): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.132 (ports 33): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.132 (ports 33): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.132 (ports 33): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.133 (ports 64): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.133 (ports 64): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.133 (ports 64): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.197 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:16.215 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:16.215 (reboot 88): status read, retry 1
20:19:16.218 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:16.219 (ports 64): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.225 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:16.225 (ports 33): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.287 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:16.288 (ports 64): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.304 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:16.305 (ports 33): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.343 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:16.371 (ports 2): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:16.372 (ports 2): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.392 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
20:19:16.392 (ports 2): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
20:19:16.393 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
20:19:16.394 (ports 33): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001167ed#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:16.394 (ports 33): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1    Port_#0001.Hub_#0001
20:19:16.394 (ports 33): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0478&REV_0107
20:19:16.394 (ports 33): found_usb_device, devinst=0000000a
20:19:16.394 (ports 33): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, class=HID, vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, serial=001167ed, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001167ed#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:16.394 (ports 33): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
20:19:16.394 (ports 2): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001167ed#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:16.394 (ports 2): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1    Port_#0001.Hub_#0001
20:19:16.394 (ports 2): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0478&REV_0107
20:19:16.394 (ports 2): found_usb_device, devinst=0000000a
20:19:16.394 (ports 2): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, class=HID, vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, serial=001167ed, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001167ed#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:16.394 (ports 2): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
20:19:16.396 (ports 33): found_usb_device complete
20:19:16.396 (ports 64): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001167ed#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:16.396 (ports 64): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1    Port_#0001.Hub_#0001
20:19:16.396 (ports 64): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0478&REV_0107
20:19:16.396 (ports 64): found_usb_device, devinst=00000039
20:19:16.396 (ports 64): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, class=HID, vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, serial=001167ed, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001167ed#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
20:19:16.396 (ports 64): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
20:19:16.397 (ports 2): found_usb_device complete
20:19:16.398 (ports 33): hid, found devinst=00000038
20:19:16.398 (ports 33): hid, path=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#b&2b6fd06b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
20:19:16.398 (ports 33): hid,  opened handle
20:19:16.398 (ports 33):  devinst=00000038, location=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.398 (ports 33):  vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, usepage=FF9C, use=0025
20:19:16.398 (ports 33):  devpath=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#b&2b6fd06b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
20:19:16.399 (ports 33): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/1  hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader
20:19:16.399 (ports 64): found_usb_device complete
20:19:16.399 (ports 2): hid, found devinst=00000038
20:19:16.399 (ports 2): hid, path=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#b&2b6fd06b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
20:19:16.399 (ports 2): hid,  opened handle
20:19:16.399 (ports 2):  devinst=00000038, location=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.399 (ports 2):  vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, usepage=FF9C, use=0025
20:19:16.399 (ports 2):  devpath=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#b&2b6fd06b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
20:19:16.400 (ports 2): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/1  hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader
20:19:16.401 (ports 64): hid, found devinst=0000003A
20:19:16.401 (ports 64): hid, path=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#b&2b6fd06b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
20:19:16.401 (ports 64): hid,  opened handle
20:19:16.401 (ports 64):  devinst=0000003A, location=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:16.401 (ports 64):  vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, usepage=FF9C, use=0025
20:19:16.401 (ports 64):  devpath=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#b&2b6fd06b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
20:19:16.402 (ports 64): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/1  hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader
20:19:16.487 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 0, 31, 3, 0, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:16.487 (reboot 88): status read, retry 2
20:19:16.601 (ports 2): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:16.606 (ports 2): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:16.723 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:16.728 (loader): secure mode can not be locked: this is Standard Teensy
20:19:16.728 (loader): encryption is possible on this Teensy, but not yet configured
20:19:16.728 (loader): but without secure mode locked, encryption will NOT be secure!
20:19:16.728 (loader): Device came online, code_size = 8126464
20:19:16.728 (loader): Board is: Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062), version 1.07
20:19:16.872 (loader): File "...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\Teensy.ino.hex", 365564 bytes
20:19:16.872 (loader): File "Teensy.ino.hex". 365564 bytes, 4% used
20:19:16.921 (loader): set background IMG_ONLINE
20:19:17.030 (loader): File "...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\Teensy.ino.hex", 365564 bytes
20:19:17.031 (loader): File "Teensy.ino.hex". 365564 bytes, 4% used
20:19:17.103 (loader): elf appears to be for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062) (8126464 bytes)
20:19:17.103 (loader): elf binary data matches hex file
20:19:17.103 (loader): elf file is for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062)
20:19:17.103 (loader): using hex file
20:19:17.177 (loader): begin operation
20:19:17.274 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 1, 32, 3, 1, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:17.308 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:17.320 (ports 64): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:17.362 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:17.367 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:17.369 (ports 33): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:17.438 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 1, 32, 3, 1, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:17.502 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:17.526 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 1, 32, 3, 1, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:17.548 (loader): flash, block=0, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:17.561 (loader): flash, block=1, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:17.587 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:17.597 (loader): flash, block=2, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:17.597 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 1, 32, 3, 1, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:35.605 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:35.613 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:35.613 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 1, 32, 3, 1, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:35.620 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:35.640 (loader): flash, block=3, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.644 (loader): flash, block=4, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.653 (loader): flash, block=5, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.659 (loader): flash, block=6, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.668 (loader): remote cmd from 2136: "status"
20:19:35.674 (reboot 88): Status: 1, 1, 1, 32, 3, 1, ...{redacted}...\teensy41\Debug\, Teensy.ino.hex
20:19:35.674 (loader): flash, block=7, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.684 (loader): flash, block=8, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.692 (loader): flash, block=9, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.699 (loader): flash, block=10, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.706 (loader): flash, block=11, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.713 (loader): flash, block=12, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.720 (loader): flash, block=13, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.724 (reboot 88): status read, retry 3
20:19:35.724 (reboot 88): Success
20:19:35.724 (reboot 88): Disconnect
20:19:35.748 (loader): remote connection 2136 closed
20:19:35.754 (loader): remote connection 2716 closed
20:19:35.758 (loader): flash, block=14, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.762 (loader): flash, block=15, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.771 (loader): flash, block=16, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.776 (loader): flash, block=17, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.782 (loader): flash, block=18, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.789 (loader): flash, block=19, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.794 (loader): flash, block=20, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.799 (loader): flash, block=21, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.807 (loader): flash, block=22, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.813 (loader): flash, block=23, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.819 (loader): flash, block=24, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.825 (loader): flash, block=25, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.830 (loader): flash, block=26, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.842 (loader): flash, block=27, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.853 (loader): flash, block=28, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.861 (loader): flash, block=29, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.870 (loader): flash, block=30, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.880 (loader): flash, block=31, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.888 (loader): flash, block=32, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.895 (loader): flash, block=33, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.904 (loader): flash, block=34, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.910 (loader): flash, block=35, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.920 (loader): flash, block=36, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.928 (loader): flash, block=37, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.940 (loader): flash, block=38, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.957 (loader): flash, block=39, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.973 (loader): flash, block=40, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:35.986 (loader): flash, block=41, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.000 (loader): flash, block=42, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.012 (loader): flash, block=43, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.020 (loader): flash, block=44, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.024 (loader): flash, block=45, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.031 (loader): flash, block=46, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.041 (loader): flash, block=47, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.050 (loader): flash, block=48, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.062 (loader): flash, block=49, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.078 (loader): flash, block=50, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.089 (loader): flash, block=51, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.097 (loader): flash, block=52, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.109 (loader): flash, block=53, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.115 (loader): flash, block=54, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.124 (loader): flash, block=55, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.130 (loader): flash, block=56, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.139 (loader): flash, block=57, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.144 (loader): flash, block=58, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.148 (loader): flash, block=59, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.154 (loader): flash, block=60, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.159 (loader): flash, block=61, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.172 (loader): flash, block=62, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.195 (loader): flash, block=63, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.211 (loader): flash, block=64, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.228 (loader): flash, block=65, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.248 (loader): flash, block=66, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.268 (loader): flash, block=67, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.291 (loader): flash, block=68, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.302 (loader): flash, block=69, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.309 (loader): flash, block=70, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.319 (loader): flash, block=71, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.336 (loader): flash, block=72, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.349 (loader): flash, block=73, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.358 (loader): flash, block=74, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.363 (loader): flash, block=75, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.375 (loader): flash, block=76, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.386 (loader): flash, block=77, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.416 (loader): flash, block=78, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.431 (loader): flash, block=79, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.440 (loader): flash, block=80, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.453 (loader): flash, block=81, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.467 (loader): flash, block=82, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.477 (loader): flash, block=83, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.485 (loader): flash, block=84, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.493 (loader): flash, block=85, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.500 (loader): flash, block=86, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.506 (loader): flash, block=87, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.519 (loader): flash, block=88, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.526 (loader): flash, block=89, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.531 (loader): flash, block=90, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.540 (loader): flash, block=91, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.548 (loader): flash, block=92, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.556 (loader): flash, block=93, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.562 (loader): flash, block=94, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.570 (loader): flash, block=95, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.577 (loader): flash, block=96, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.583 (loader): flash, block=97, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.590 (loader): flash, block=98, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.595 (loader): flash, block=99, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.600 (loader): flash, block=100, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.606 (loader): flash, block=101, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.611 (loader): flash, block=102, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.616 (loader): flash, block=103, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.623 (loader): flash, block=104, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.628 (loader): flash, block=105, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.633 (loader): flash, block=106, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.641 (loader): flash, block=107, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.650 (loader): flash, block=108, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.657 (loader): flash, block=109, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.662 (loader): flash, block=110, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.669 (loader): flash, block=111, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.676 (loader): flash, block=112, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.682 (loader): flash, block=113, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.688 (loader): flash, block=114, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.693 (loader): flash, block=115, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.700 (loader): flash, block=116, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.707 (loader): flash, block=117, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.712 (loader): flash, block=118, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.717 (loader): flash, block=119, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.734 (loader): flash, block=120, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.740 (loader): flash, block=121, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.746 (loader): flash, block=122, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.753 (loader): flash, block=123, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.758 (loader): flash, block=124, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.761 (loader): flash, block=125, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.766 (loader): flash, block=126, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.771 (loader): flash, block=127, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.776 (loader): flash, block=128, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.782 (loader): flash, block=129, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.789 (loader): flash, block=130, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.794 (loader): flash, block=131, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.799 (loader): flash, block=132, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.805 (loader): flash, block=133, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.813 (loader): flash, block=134, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.818 (loader): flash, block=135, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.824 (loader): flash, block=136, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.828 (loader): flash, block=137, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.843 (loader): flash, block=138, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.850 (loader): flash, block=139, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.859 (loader): flash, block=140, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.864 (loader): flash, block=141, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.870 (loader): flash, block=142, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.878 (loader): flash, block=143, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.883 (loader): flash, block=144, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.890 (loader): flash, block=145, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.898 (loader): flash, block=146, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.905 (loader): flash, block=147, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.911 (loader): flash, block=148, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.917 (loader): flash, block=149, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.923 (loader): flash, block=150, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.928 (loader): flash, block=151, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.933 (loader): flash, block=152, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.941 (loader): flash, block=153, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.949 (loader): flash, block=154, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.956 (loader): flash, block=155, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.960 (loader): flash, block=156, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.967 (loader): flash, block=157, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.973 (loader): flash, block=158, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.978 (loader): flash, block=159, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.984 (loader): flash, block=160, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.989 (loader): flash, block=161, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.993 (loader): flash, block=162, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:36.999 (loader): flash, block=163, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.005 (loader): flash, block=164, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.010 (loader): flash, block=165, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.015 (loader): flash, block=166, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.023 (loader): flash, block=167, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.029 (loader): flash, block=168, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.035 (loader): flash, block=169, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.043 (loader): flash, block=170, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.055 (loader): flash, block=171, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.061 (loader): flash, block=172, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.066 (loader): flash, block=173, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.070 (loader): flash, block=174, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.079 (loader): flash, block=175, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.084 (loader): flash, block=176, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.089 (loader): flash, block=177, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.094 (loader): flash, block=178, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.099 (loader): flash, block=179, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.105 (loader): flash, block=180, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.110 (loader): flash, block=181, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.116 (loader): flash, block=182, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.121 (loader): flash, block=183, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.126 (loader): flash, block=184, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.131 (loader): flash, block=185, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.136 (loader): flash, block=186, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.143 (loader): flash, block=187, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.148 (loader): flash, block=188, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.158 (loader): flash, block=189, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.168 (loader): flash, block=190, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.175 (loader): flash, block=191, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.180 (loader): flash, block=192, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.187 (loader): flash, block=193, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.195 (loader): flash, block=194, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.201 (loader): flash, block=195, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.207 (loader): flash, block=196, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.212 (loader): flash, block=197, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.220 (loader): flash, block=198, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.227 (loader): flash, block=199, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.233 (loader): flash, block=200, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.239 (loader): flash, block=201, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.246 (loader): flash, block=202, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.251 (loader): flash, block=203, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.256 (loader): flash, block=204, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.268 (loader): flash, block=205, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.279 (loader): flash, block=206, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.286 (loader): flash, block=207, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.291 (loader): flash, block=208, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.296 (loader): flash, block=209, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.302 (loader): flash, block=210, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.309 (loader): flash, block=211, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.314 (loader): flash, block=212, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.320 (loader): flash, block=213, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.327 (loader): flash, block=214, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.332 (loader): flash, block=215, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.339 (loader): flash, block=216, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.344 (loader): flash, block=217, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.350 (loader): flash, block=218, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.355 (loader): flash, block=219, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.360 (loader): flash, block=220, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.365 (loader): flash, block=221, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.375 (loader): flash, block=222, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.381 (loader): flash, block=223, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.390 (loader): flash, block=224, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.397 (loader): flash, block=225, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.403 (loader): flash, block=226, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.413 (loader): flash, block=227, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.423 (loader): flash, block=228, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.432 (loader): flash, block=229, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.441 (loader): flash, block=230, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.447 (loader): flash, block=231, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.454 (loader): flash, block=232, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.463 (loader): flash, block=233, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.470 (loader): flash, block=234, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.478 (loader): flash, block=235, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.489 (loader): flash, block=236, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.495 (loader): flash, block=237, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.499 (loader): flash, block=238, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.506 (loader): flash, block=239, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.511 (loader): flash, block=240, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.517 (loader): flash, block=241, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.522 (loader): flash, block=242, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.528 (loader): flash, block=243, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.533 (loader): flash, block=244, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.539 (loader): flash, block=245, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.544 (loader): flash, block=246, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.549 (loader): flash, block=247, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.554 (loader): flash, block=248, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.559 (loader): flash, block=249, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.564 (loader): flash, block=250, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.570 (loader): flash, block=251, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.576 (loader): flash, block=252, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.582 (loader): flash, block=253, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.590 (loader): flash, block=254, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.598 (loader): flash, block=255, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.605 (loader): flash, block=256, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.610 (loader): flash, block=257, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.614 (loader): flash, block=258, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.621 (loader): flash, block=259, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.626 (loader): flash, block=260, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.632 (loader): flash, block=261, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.638 (loader): flash, block=262, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.645 (loader): flash, block=263, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.650 (loader): flash, block=264, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.656 (loader): flash, block=265, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.662 (loader): flash, block=266, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.667 (loader): flash, block=267, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.674 (loader): flash, block=268, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.678 (loader): flash, block=269, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.685 (loader): flash, block=270, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.691 (loader): flash, block=271, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.697 (loader): flash, block=272, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.706 (loader): flash, block=273, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.711 (loader): flash, block=274, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.717 (loader): flash, block=275, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.723 (loader): flash, block=276, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.728 (loader): flash, block=277, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.732 (loader): flash, block=278, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.739 (loader): flash, block=279, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.744 (loader): flash, block=280, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.749 (loader): flash, block=281, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.755 (loader): flash, block=282, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.761 (loader): flash, block=283, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.766 (loader): flash, block=284, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.772 (loader): flash, block=285, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.778 (loader): flash, block=286, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.785 (loader): flash, block=287, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.791 (loader): flash, block=288, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.796 (loader): flash, block=289, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.803 (loader): flash, block=290, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.815 (loader): flash, block=291, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.822 (loader): flash, block=292, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.827 (loader): flash, block=293, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.832 (loader): flash, block=294, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.839 (loader): flash, block=295, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.846 (loader): flash, block=296, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.852 (loader): flash, block=297, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.857 (loader): flash, block=298, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.862 (loader): flash, block=299, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.867 (loader): flash, block=300, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.873 (loader): flash, block=301, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.880 (loader): flash, block=302, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.885 (loader): flash, block=303, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.891 (loader): flash, block=304, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.896 (loader): flash, block=305, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.902 (loader): flash, block=306, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.909 (loader): flash, block=307, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.920 (loader): flash, block=308, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.925 (loader): flash, block=309, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.930 (loader): flash, block=310, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.934 (loader): flash, block=311, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.941 (loader): flash, block=312, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.946 (loader): flash, block=313, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.952 (loader): flash, block=314, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.958 (loader): flash, block=315, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.966 (loader): flash, block=316, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.974 (loader): flash, block=317, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.980 (loader): flash, block=318, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.989 (loader): flash, block=319, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:37.997 (loader): flash, block=320, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.006 (loader): flash, block=321, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.014 (loader): flash, block=322, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.027 (loader): flash, block=323, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.034 (loader): flash, block=324, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.040 (loader): flash, block=325, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.046 (loader): flash, block=326, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.051 (loader): flash, block=327, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.057 (loader): flash, block=328, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.064 (loader): flash, block=329, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.071 (loader): flash, block=330, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.079 (loader): flash, block=331, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.086 (loader): flash, block=332, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.092 (loader): flash, block=333, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.098 (loader): flash, block=334, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.103 (loader): flash, block=335, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.109 (loader): flash, block=336, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.115 (loader): flash, block=337, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.120 (loader): flash, block=338, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.126 (loader): flash, block=339, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.134 (loader): flash, block=340, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.142 (loader): flash, block=341, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.147 (loader): flash, block=342, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.152 (loader): flash, block=343, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.158 (loader): flash, block=344, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.163 (loader): flash, block=345, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.168 (loader): flash, block=346, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.174 (loader): flash, block=347, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.180 (loader): flash, block=348, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.186 (loader): flash, block=349, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.191 (loader): flash, block=350, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.196 (loader): flash, block=351, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.201 (loader): flash, block=352, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.206 (loader): flash, block=353, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.211 (loader): flash, block=354, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.215 (loader): flash, block=355, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.222 (loader): flash, block=356, bs=1024, auto=1
20:19:38.258 (loader): sending reboot
20:19:38.262 (loader): begin wait_until_offline
20:19:38.292 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:38.292 (ports 2): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:38.292 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
20:19:38.293 (ports 33): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:38.293 (ports 33): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:38.293 (ports 33): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:38.295 (ports 2): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:38.295 (ports 2): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:38.295 (ports 2): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:38.295 (ports 64): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:38.295 (ports 64): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/1
20:19:38.295 (ports 64): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:38.317 (loader): offline, waited 1
20:19:38.325 (loader): end operation, total time = 21.149 seconds
20:19:38.332 (loader): set background IMG_REBOOT_OK
20:19:38.339 (loader): redraw timer set, image 14 to show for 1200 ms
20:19:38.387 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.392 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.396 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.401 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.406 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.411 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.416 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.424 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.428 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.432 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.436 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:045E pid:07A5 ver:0797  usb:0/140000/0/2/4
20:19:38.441 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.446 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:045E pid:07A5 ver:0797  usb:0/140000/0/2/4
20:19:38.451 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.457 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:045E pid:07A5 ver:0797  usb:0/140000/0/2/4
20:19:38.460 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.464 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.469 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.473 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:06CB pid:7A13 ver:0007
20:19:38.478 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.482 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.485 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.489 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:045E pid:0000 ver:0000
20:19:38.493 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.496 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.500 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.505 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:06CB pid:7A13 ver:0007
20:19:38.509 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:258A pid:002A ver:1122  usb:10000/0/0/2/5/6
20:19:38.513 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:38.517 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:045E pid:07A5 ver:0797  usb:0/140000/0/2/3
20:19:38.521 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:045E pid:0000 ver:0000
20:19:38.525 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:8087 pid:0A1E ver:0200
20:19:39.007 (ports 64): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:39.009 (ports 64): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:39.218 (ports 33): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:39.220 (ports 33): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:39.511 (ports 2): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
20:19:39.512 (ports 2): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
20:19:39.544 (loader): redraw, image 9
20:19:39.915 (ports 2): purge, name=hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, age=1.620 sec
20:19:39.915 (ports 64): purge, name=hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, age=1.620 sec
20:19:39.926 (ports 33): purge, name=hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader, loc=usb:0/140000/0/1, age=1.632 sec

Nothing too interesting AFAICT, but I am no expert with this...

Peace!

p#17 pointed to a manual CORES edit that would light the p#13 LED.

Log data good for Paul's review if it caught anything interesting.

I tried adding a 2 second delay instead of manipulating an output pin for the Early function - I did not notice a difference there, either.

Found the Issue!

So I messed around with the code to be able to use #defines to selectively remove certain libraries from the code. Things changed when I removed NativeEthernet, which means I was onto something when I mentioned it in my first post. I dunno what could have happened, but removing all references to it causes the code to load and run. I also tried removing other libraries (SPI, LCD) whilst keeping NativeEthernet in there, and it still fails to boot.

I searched around and did not see much on issues with NativeEthernet causing anything like this - does anyone happen to have any concerns that they have been keeping private until now? :)

I nosed around the code and did not see anything like global/static init that would cause me to raise an eyebrow.

Now I just need to make sure that the Ethernet library is working correctly with the T4.1.

Thanks everyone!

Peace!

Last edited:
Things changed when I removed NativeEthernet, which means I was onto something when I mentioned it in my first post. I dunno what could have happened, but removing all references to it causes the code to load and run. I also tried removing other libraries (SPI, LCD) whilst keeping NativeEthernet in there, and it still fails to boot.

Good to know it's not a hardware problem. There are some issues with NativeEthernet, which is based on FNET. You should look at QNEthernet, based on LWIP. The developer (shawn) is very keen to help people who want to use it.

Back