Teensy 4.0 and ST7735 160x80 display - Changing SCL and SDA pins

Taemin

I am building a project that uses Teensy 4.0, an ST7735 SPI display, and the audio shield. So first I am wondering if the scl and sda pins can overlap with the pins being used for audio shield. Right now I wired the display like this:
gnd:gnd
vcc:5v
scl:13
sda:11
res:9
dc:5
cs:4
blk:none

And the audio shield uses these pins:
teensy4_audio_pins.jpg

The only overlapping pins right now are the scl and sda. I do have to use the SD card in the audio board too, so I'm not quite sure what will happen. Is it okay to wire them like this? If not, how should I change them?

Library: Adafruit ST7735, Adafruit GFX

A little confused on your hook up - what display are you using? SDA/SCL is I2C and those are on pins 18/19 not 11/13. Pins 11 is MOSI and 13 is SCK not to be confused with SCL on pin 19.

If the display is on SPI as well as the SD card you have to make sure you are not using the same pins as the SD Card which I see you are. But the simple answer is yes that you can use both.

Some displays can work in both modes - I2C and SPI.
This one seems to use the SPI mode. SDA / SCL are just the (confusing) labels on the PCB.

As long you use a different chipselect - which is the case - yes, then you can use both SD and Display.

Back