I want to use Arduino IDE 2.0, but Teensyduino 1.56 only supports 1.8.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinaar

Is there a roadmap for Teensyduino to support the new IDE?
I would volunteer if I could in its development and/or testing.
(I'm cross-posting this to the Project Guidance forum)

Deleted other EMPTY thread ...

Code:
There is work under way see: [URL="https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/53548-Arduino-CLI-Alpha-Release-Teensy-Support"]Arduino-CLI-Alpha-Release-Teensy-Support[/URL]

It is progressing - Paul has been working on it and submitting issues for usage with Teensy and waiting for IDE 2.0 fixes to evolve as needed for proper function

I would volunteer if I could in its development and/or testing.

Definitely follow the existing Arduino CLI thread, as that is where we will be discussing everything about Arduino CLI & IDE 2.0 as it develops.

If you *really* want to jump in now, you can start using it with the package file I published some time ago (look at msg #110 on that thread). But as you can see on that thread, there's not a lot of point to doing more right now. We tested it pretty heavily (Kurt especially) just a couple weeks ago and right now we're pretty much waiting on the Arduino developers to fix issues.

And as others have said, please don't cross-post. It just slows everyone down. Use the existing Arduino CLI thread, since everyone who's interested in this is already following that thread. Just follow that one (and maybe follow Arduino's github repositories) and you'll hear about everything as it develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back