Teensy 3.6 bricked or not

Nervusvagus

Greetings. I had a Teensy 3.6 and a 74HCT245 hooked up on a breadboard. I was powering through a powerbank through Vin of Teensy, then I accidentally pulled off the GND cable of 74HCT245. Upon which teensy stopped responding. I cannot power it anymore through usb or otherwise. Do I consider this Teensy is no more? has it gone to meet its maker? Is it in teensy heaven?

Hard to say...

I would do a visual inspection and see if I see anything obviously wrong.

I might then do quick check with meter to see if there is a short from vin to ground, 3.3v to ground or 3.3v to vin... If not...

I would probably have nothing connected to it other than the USB cable, and check a couple of things, like do you have 3.3v out on the pins... Does anything feel warm/hot...

I would then check to see if the PC sees anything...

Assuming it is not dead, what I often then will try, to load simple blink program, and build it. Then plug in the teensy while holding down program button, the try to program it and see if it will take...

T_3.6 also has the 15 sec Restore feature that might recover to a usable Factory Blink if all is well.

Also, ideally with nothing connected ... press button and apply power, while watching a stopwatch. Release button at 15 seconds ( window is around 13-17 seconds ) and Teensy should then restore the MCU to factory state including a simple blink with no USB.

It should then go to a 1 sec blink - won't hurt to try a couple times if it doesn't seem to work.

Back