NXP Microcontroller shortage is killing me.

yeahtuna

I just an update from Mouser. Those 200 MK66 and 500 mk20 I ordered in Feb 2021 will now ship no earlier than Jul 16 2023. Can NXP not get its shit together. I will need to shut down my business and find a new job.

It's a real pity that the 3.6 chip is unavailable. Teensy 4.1 doesn't come close in terms of it's analog read speed/accuracy. I might spend some time trying to integrate an external ADC with T4.1.

At this moment PJRC does have some extra MIMXRT1062DVJ6B chips. Email me directly if you need a small number (under 50) to get a design started.

They're showing long lead time like so many other parts, but Digikey did have some in stock only a few weeks ago. We recently got some back in January. People at NXP have told us the IMXRT chip is made at a different foundary / fab which is much less affected by the global chip shortage. No promises, but all signs seem to suggest NXP will be much better able to deliver this part thoughout 2022.

It's a real pity that the 3.6 chip is unavailable. Teensy 4.1 doesn't come close in terms of it's analog read speed/accuracy. I might spend some time trying to integrate an external ADC with T4.1.

How fast are you reading the 3.6? I seem to be able to read the 4.0 at 2MHz. With 4 averages I can get 50kHz for 10 piezos. Of course at 12 bits the noise level with 4 averages is at +/- 4 on a signal of +/- 2048.

This leaves about 4 microseconds for calculations and such between the sensor reads. Plenty of time to do as much filtering as you need. Works for me.

Back