Adding wifi to Teensy

FFMan

I have a number of Teensys and it's my chip of choice, except now i need to add wifi (I usually code onto an esp32 directly) I can't find a way to add the hardware that means I can use the standard wifi.h library, and commands like:-

WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
WiFi.config(ip, gateway, gateway,subnet);

I need to stick with Teensy for this project for the speed and number of pins.

I've found lots of references to using esp8266 and esp32 with Teensy but they talk about using a uart which to me implies serial comms, and the esp firmware with the AT interface does it not ?

Am i missing something ?

I could use my Teensy 4.1 and add the ethernet connector but wired isn't available where this project will sit.

thanks

Thanks - thats a little involved and not yet proven for me. I think i'll use the RJ45 option on my Teensy 4.1 and then use a £20 wifi bridge

I love the Teensy but find I need wifi on most projects

I've found lots of references to using esp8266 and esp32 with Teensy but they talk about using a uart which to me implies serial comms, and the esp firmware with the AT interface does it not ?

Am i missing something ?

Communicating over a serial port doesn't mean you need to use AT commands with the ESP32. You can write whatever program you want to run on the ESP32 and use the serial port to pass information back and forth based on a command set you define that both processors understand.

Back