audio shield apears to be dead

I finally got around to soldering up my Rev D Audio shield to a 24 pin socket.

I have already added a psram memory chip to the Audio shield. As well as to both slots on the the 4.1 teensy I am using. I ran the external mem test program and it finds 16MB of working memory regardless of if the audio shield is attached.

I hook up the headphone jack to a pair of headphones and ran several audio projects other people have written but I can't get any sound to output.

I am not 100% certain those projects would output sound on start (though one says it does) but I can't find any kind of test audio shield project.

Is their a good program I can run, preferably without the memory card, to test the headphones. Or is their anything else I can test?

I am certain as I can be the thing is wired up and socketed into the teensy 4.1 correctly.

Is their a good program I can run, preferably without the memory card, to test the headphones. Or is their anything else I can test?

In Arduino, click File > Examples > Audio > Synthesis > Guitar

I am certain as I can be the thing is wired up and socketed into the teensy 4.1 correctly.

If it's still not working, show us photos. Especially when the problem is a misunderstanding rather than a simple mistake, it's possible to look at it over and over and not see the issue. Don't be shy. Show us a photo or two and we can confirm if it's correct or (probably) spot a wrong connection.

Thanks! I finally found the github audio page examples and I got it working now.
I did not think to check there for examples. It makes sense for them to be their but I couldn't find it through searching. Google teensy 4.1 audio shield example, gets nothing helpful.

At first I didn't know what you meant by "In Arduino, click File > Examples > Audio > Synthesis > Guitar". But now I see that exists. Down to my inexperience with the software I guess.

You can in a round about way go from the "Audio Adaptor Boards for Teensy 3.x and Teensy 4.x" page, to the "Teensy Audio Library" page, and from there to the main github page.
I think it would be helpful if their was a more explicit link to the examples. In the same way that the "PSRAM Chip for Teensy 4.1" page helpfully contains a link to a memory check program.

Or maybe just a reminder to check the teensyduino ide for examples. I don't know, maybe mine is not a common problem.

Anyway thanks for the swift response!

Back