As someone new to Teensy, I don't see much Teensy 4.x stuff?

macardoso

Just a general question. I am brand new to Teensy with all my previous experience in Arduino Uno/Mega and STM Nucleo on MBed. I bought a Teensy 4.1 to get started with as it was in stock at my local computer store and I wanted the extra speed to sample a fast signal I'm working with (2Mbps manchester serial). Anyways, most of the posts I come across, especially the fancier stuff using processor calls and DMA all seem to be with people using Teensy 3.x. Obviously there is some frustration that I'm not knowledgeable enough to transfer these ideas from the 3.x processor to the Teensy 4.x yet, but I was just wondering why? Is the Teensy 4.x new? Too expensive? Not popular?

Yes, Teensy 4.0 is relatively new, released in September 2019 and Teensy 4.1 was released in May 2020. It takes time for a lot of material to build up, and the first year after Teensy 4.1 release was much less productive due to the pandemic.

By comparison, Teensy 3.0 was released in 2012, Teensy 3.1 and LC and 3.2 in 2014, and Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 in 2016.

Ah that makes a ton of sense! Really enjoying working with it. This forum seems like a great and knowledgeable community.

Just moved up from 3.6 to 4.1

Yeah, things are a little thinner for 4/4.1
But of course, it's newer.

But it's impressive what the community has come up with so far.

@macardoso, welcome home. You will find this forum extremely professional with some of the best minds in this field. People are willing to help and with a smile.

Back