Audio Tutorial kit for 3.2 using 4.1 documentation available?

GarryG

Hi pjrc Forum,

Teensy Newb here. I found out about the Teensy recently through the You Tube video demo of the audio kit and the Teensy 3.2. I have Arduino experience and was super impressed with the audio demonstrations of the Teensy. Well Done.
I ordered the parts for the Audio kit to reproduce not realizing that it was specific to the Teensy 3.2. I have ordered a 4.1 and 4.0 Audio board. My question is if wired to the equivalent ports on the 4.1 should the demo code work the same as it does for the 3.2?
Or is there equivalent documentation for the project using the Teensy 4.1 and 4.0 audio add-on?

Looking forward to learning and experimenting with the Teensy's!

Thanks,
Garry

Hello again,

When I use the Teensy 4.1 with the 4.0 audio shield I do get the beep sound just fine when running the Part_1_02_Hardware_Test.
However when I try running the Part_1_03_Playing _Music example I am not getting any sound.
The four SDTEST WAV files are on the SD card in the audio shield. I suspect I need to change the SDCARD pins since the 4.0 audio shield is different.

I tried with the default
// Use these with the Teensy Audio Shield
#define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10
#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN 7
#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN 14

and then with what I thought for the 4.0 board
#define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10
#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN 11
#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN 13

Serial display does repeat Start Playing but no audio is coming out. Not sure what else to try.
Using an 8Gb Sandisk card with the 4 WAV files .

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Garry

Hello again,

When I use the Teensy 4.1 with the 4.0 audio shield I do get the beep sound just fine when running the Part_1_02_Hardware_Test.
However when I try running the Part_1_03_Playing _Music example I am not getting any sound.
The four SDTEST WAV files are on the SD card in the audio shield. I suspect I need to change the SDCARD pins since the 4.0 audio shield is different.

I tried with the default
#define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10
#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN 7
#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN 14

and then with what I thought for the 4.0 board
#define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10

Serial display does repeat Start Playing but no audio is coming out. Not sure what else to try.
Using an 8Gb Sandisk card with the 4 WAV files .

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Garry

#define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10

This should work. I recently bought the 4.1 and the rev D audio adaptor. By changing the SD SPI pins, I can run the tutorial 1_03 up to 2_03 so far.

However, the rev D uses pin 13, you have to comment out the built-in LED part in some tutorials because it uses pin 13 as well.

Thanks,

raychmond

#define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10

This should work. I recently bought the 4.1 and the rev D audio adaptor. By changing the SD SPI pins, I can run the tutorial 1_03 up to 2_03 so far.

However, the rev D uses pin 13, you have to comment out the built-in LED part in some tutorials because it uses pin 13 as well.

Thanks,

raychmond

Thanks Raychmond. I was able to get it all to work through all the workshop tutorials. I even added the tft display and the peak meter worked. The only problem was the peak meter was working but I couldn't get any audio for some reason. The audio worked fine for all the previous labs.

Back