OMG Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robedney

I started developing a bluetooth capable vintage manual typewriter using the Arduino Leonardo. I redesigned the installation using a Teensy 3.2 because I was able to pack everything into the typewriter, rather than using a bump-out on the bottom of the machine (the Teensy being, well, teensy compared to the Leonardo). I've got hours and hours into this. I've gotten everything working while connected via usb to a Windows PC.

However, I've just discovered a huge issue. I'm using a Handheld Scientific bluetooth dongle specifically designed for wireless keyboard use. It's a nifty little package for folks like me who know nothing about bluetooth protocals. When plugged into the Leonardo it worked perfectly. However the Teensy obviously (now, to me) uses a different keyboard library than the standard Arduino Keyboard.h library. When connected with the Teensy to a PC via usb all is fine. However, as soon as I use the bluetooth dongle I'm getting useless results. The keys (Ascii codes) are obviously mapped differently on the Teensy vs. the Arduino.

This machine was about to go out the door! Can the Teensy be reconfigured somehow to use the Arduino library? Other solutions? Any input much appreciated at this point. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back