Teensy / Launchpad groovebox(-ish)

MrCanvas

Hey all,

While other projects are in the "thinking phase" I messed around with the usb host lib and inspired by other Teensy/Launchpad projects put together a rudimentary groovebox/step sequencer. Obviously this is very limited atm but would appreciate any suggestions on nice features to put on the list.

Interestingly I did not get the note/CC control for the Launchpad to work so I am using sysex instead.

Currently:
- 8x16 matrix input for drum sequences (accessible via two pages)
- 8-channel sample based drum playback (no fancy SD interface yet)
- 8x16 matrix for musical notes with selectable scale and transpose via midi in (base note)
- Simple PWM voice just to test the musical sequencing part
- Some FX

Todo:
- Storing and chaining more patterns
- Sample management
- More tracks/channels
- CV out maybe?
- A lot of other things...

I added a second musical track for more fun. Not sure about internal sound generation but for testing a couple of pwm's work well.

Here is a short demo. Transposing and adjusting note length is done off screen on a midi keyboard.

Again, would love to hear suggestions on what to aim for. What features do you really appreciate in your groove boxes/sequencers?

Cheers, Daniel

A short related question regarding the USBHost_t36 lib (awesome!). If I have a configuration like this:

Code:
USBHost myusb;
USBHub hub1(myusb);
MIDIDevice midi1(myusb); //Launchpad?
MIDIDevice midi2(myusb); // Midi keyboard ?

What is the best (easiest) way to determine which MIDIDevice is which hardware?

I added a second musical track for more fun. Not sure about internal sound generation but for testing a couple of pwm's work well.

Here is a short demo. Transposing and adjusting note length is done off screen on a midi keyboard.

Again, would love to hear suggestions on what to aim for. What features do you really appreciate in your groove boxes/sequencers?

Cheers, Daniel
I just test each input to see which OnNoteOn it sends to.

Back