Does the ArtNet Library work with the Native Ethernet Library?

CaseyJScalf

Been on the search for the best way to make an easy ArtNet node to drive LEDs with. I used to use this product by DMXKing but they haven't been selling them for a long time.

Would be very cool to use the Teensy 4.1, the Ethernet Kit, and make some Art Net nodes.

After a few weeks of trying things out, ordering the wrong parts, trying lots of libraries, I feel like I am close but need some help getting over the finish line.

It appears the last issue is because I am trying to do things with the "NativeEthernet" library. I read that all you need to do is change the library name but I get a laundry list of errors each time even though I am using the example code with no modifications.

For what it's worth this example works fine so I have reason to believe some of the components are working.
https://github.com/vjmuzik/NativeEthernet/tree/master/examples/WebServer

Are there any guides or walkthroughs on this? I will post my code below, the gear I am using, and what not.

Teensyduino 1.56
MacBook Pro 2015
OSX 11.5.1
Board: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html
Ethernet Kit: https://www.pjrc.com/store/ethernet_kit.html

Please let me know if there is any other information, pictures, etc I can provide.

Code:
/*
This example will receive multiple universes via Artnet and control a strip of ws2811 leds via 
Adafruit's NeoPixel library: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_NeoPixel
This example may be copied under the terms of the MIT license, see the LICENSE file for details
*/

#include <Artnet.h>
#include <NativeEthernet.h>
#include <NativeEthernetUdp.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>

// Neopixel settings
const int numLeds = 240; // change for your setup
const int numberOfChannels = numLeds * 3; // Total number of channels you want to receive (1 led = 3 channels)
const byte dataPin = 2;
Adafruit_NeoPixel leds = Adafruit_NeoPixel(numLeds, dataPin, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

// Artnet settings
Artnet artnet;
const int startUniverse = 0; // CHANGE FOR YOUR SETUP most software this is 1, some software send out artnet first universe as 0.

// Check if we got all universes
const int maxUniverses = numberOfChannels / 512 + ((numberOfChannels % 512) ? 1 : 0);
bool universesReceived[maxUniverses];
bool sendFrame = 1;
int previousDataLength = 0;

// Change ip and mac address for your setup
byte ip[] = {192, 168, 1, 2};
byte mac[] = {0x04, 0xE9, 0xE5, 0x00, 0x69, 0xEC};

void setup()
{
//  Serial.begin(115200);
  artnet.begin(mac, ip);
  leds.begin();
  initTest();
//  Serial.println("Hello");

// this will be called for each packet received
  artnet.setArtDmxCallback(onDmxFrame);
}

void loop()
{
  // we call the read function inside the loop
  artnet.read();
}

void onDmxFrame(uint16_t universe, uint16_t length, uint8_t sequence, uint8_t* data)
{
  sendFrame = 1;
  // set brightness of the whole strip 
  if (universe == 15)
  {
    leds.setBrightness(data[0]);
    leds.show();
  }

// Store which universe has got in
  if ((universe - startUniverse) < maxUniverses)
    universesReceived[universe - startUniverse] = 1;

for (int i = 0 ; i < maxUniverses ; i++)
  {
    if (universesReceived[i] == 0)
    {
//      Serial.println("Broke");
      sendFrame = 0;
      break;
    }
  }

// read universe and put into the right part of the display buffer
  for (int i = 0; i < length / 3; i++)
  {
    int led = i + (universe - startUniverse) * (previousDataLength / 3);
    if (led < numLeds)
      leds.setPixelColor(led, data[i * 3], data[i * 3 + 1], data[i * 3 + 2]);
  }
  previousDataLength = length;     

if (sendFrame)
  {
    leds.show();
    // Reset universeReceived to 0
    memset(universesReceived, 0, maxUniverses);
  }
}

void initTest()
{
  for (int i = 0 ; i < numLeds ; i++)
    leds.setPixelColor(i, 127, 0, 0);
  leds.show();
  delay(500);
    leds.setPixelColor(i, 0, 127, 0);
  leds.show();
  delay(500);
    leds.setPixelColor(i, 0, 0, 127);
  leds.show();
  delay(500);
    leds.setPixelColor(i, 0, 0, 0);
  leds.show();
}

And here are the errors when I try to compile.
If I take out the "native" part of the Ethernet Libraries it will compile just fine, the LEDs will flash, but the address will not show up in a network scan nor my LED software.

Code:
Arduino: 1.8.19 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.56, Board: "Teensy 4.1, Serial, 600 MHz, Faster, US English"

/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeDns.cpp.o: In function `DNSClient::begin(IPAddress const&)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeDns.cpp:10: multiple definition of `DNSClient::begin(IPAddress const&)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/Dns.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp:48: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeDns.cpp.o: In function `DNSClient::fnet_dns_callback(fnet_dns_resolved_addr_t const*, unsigned long, char const*, void*)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeDns.cpp:28: multiple definition of `DNSClient::inet_aton(char const*, IPAddress&)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/Dns.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp:48: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeDns.cpp.o: In function `DNSClient::fnet_dns_callback(fnet_dns_resolved_addr_t const*, unsigned long, char const*, void*)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeDns.cpp:28: multiple definition of `DNSClient::getHostByName(char const*, IPAddress&, unsigned short)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernet.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClass::begin(unsigned char*, unsigned long, unsigned long)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:64: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::begin(unsigned char*, unsigned long, unsigned long)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.cpp:30: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernet.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClass::teensy_mutex_init(void**)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::begin(unsigned char*, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.cpp:81: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernet.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClass::teensy_mutex_init(void**)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::begin(unsigned char*, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.cpp:81: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::begin(unsigned char*, IPAddress, IPAddress)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::begin(unsigned char*, IPAddress)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::init(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::linkStatus()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::hardwareStatus()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::maintain()'
Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
 Used: /Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet
 Not used: /Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Ethernet
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::MACAddress(unsigned char*)'
 Not used: /Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Ethernet
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_NeoPixel.h"
 Used: /Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_NeoPixel
 Not used: /Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Adafruit_NeoPixel
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::localIP()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::subnetMask()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::gatewayIP()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::setMACAddress(unsigned char const*)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::setLocalIP(IPAddress)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::setSubnetMask(IPAddress)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::setGatewayIP(IPAddress)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::setRetransmissionTimeout(unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::setRetransmissionCount(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `Ethernet'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.cpp:389: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::_dnsServerAddress'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetClient.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClient::write(unsigned char)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:314: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::write(unsigned char)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetClient.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/EthernetClient.cpp:79: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetClient.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClient::setConnectionTimeout(unsigned short)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::connected()'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetClient.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.h:232: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetClient.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClient::setConnectionTimeout(unsigned short)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::connect(char const*, unsigned short)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetClient.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.h:232: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::stop()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::availableForWrite()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::flush()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::read(unsigned char*, unsigned int)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::read()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::peek()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::operator==(EthernetClient const&)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::connect(IPAddress, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::available()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `EthernetClient::status()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernet.h:308: multiple definition of `vtable for EthernetClient'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `_ZTV14EthernetClient' changed from 92 in /var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetClient.cpp.o to 112 in /var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetClient.cpp.o
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetServer.cpp.o: In function `Print::flush()':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::write(unsigned char)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetServer.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/EthernetServer.cpp:157: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetServer.cpp.o: In function `Print::flush()':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::operator bool()'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetServer.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/EthernetServer.cpp:157: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::begin()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::available()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::accept()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `vtable for EthernetServer'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/NativeEthernetServer.cpp:258: multiple definition of `EthernetServer::server_port'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `_ZN14EthernetServer11server_portE' changed from 16 in /var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetServer.cpp.o to 4 in /var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetServer.cpp.o
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetUdp.cpp.o: In function `EthernetUDP::localPort()':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::available()'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetUdp.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/EthernetUdp.cpp:50: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetUdp.cpp.o: In function `EthernetUDP::localPort()':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::write(unsigned char)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetUdp.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.h:199: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::flush()'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetUdp.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/Ethernet.h:199: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::stop()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::begin(unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::beginPacket(char const*, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::beginPacket(IPAddress, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::endPacket()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::read()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::read(unsigned char*, unsigned int)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::peek()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::beginMulticast(IPAddress, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `EthernetUDP::parsePacket()'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/IPAddress.h:34: multiple definition of `vtable for EthernetUDP'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `_ZTV11EthernetUDP' changed from 84 in /var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/EthernetUdp.cpp.o to 88 in /var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/NativeEthernetUdp.cpp.o
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/Nativesocket.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClass::socketPortRand(unsigned short)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketPortRand(unsigned short)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/socket.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/socket.cpp:59: first defined here
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/NativeEthernet/Nativesocket.cpp.o: In function `EthernetClass::socketPortRand(unsigned short)':
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketStatus(unsigned char)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/socket.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/socket.cpp:399: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketClose(unsigned char)'
/var/folders/g6/kkkwg77j2q5f6_hxp4dpsd_40000gn/T/arduino_build_855462/libraries/Ethernet/socket.cpp.o:/Users/caseyscalf/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/src/socket.cpp:399: first defined here
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketBegin(unsigned char, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketBeginMulticast(unsigned char, IPAddress, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketListen(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketConnect(unsigned char, unsigned char*, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketDisconnect(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketRecv(unsigned char, unsigned char*, short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketRecvAvailable(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketPeek(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketSendAvailable(unsigned char)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketSend(unsigned char, unsigned char const*, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketBufferData(unsigned char, unsigned short, unsigned char const*, unsigned short)'
/Applications/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/NativeEthernet/src/Nativesocket.cpp:44: multiple definition of `EthernetClass::socketStartUDP(unsigned char, unsigned char*, unsigned short)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.1.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Artnet.h #includes Ethernet.h which conflicts with NativeEthernet.

Don't know how to fix this but I would try meddling with Artnet.h and where it references Ethernet, change it to NativeEthernet. Might work.

Pete

Artnet.h #includes Ethernet.h which conflicts with NativeEthernet.

Don't know how to fix this but I would try meddling with Artnet.h and where it references Ethernet, change it to NativeEthernet. Might work.

Pete

Great tip this is what I found last night deep in the troubleshooting! Turns out your hunch is right and I also found this thread on the libraries' GitHub to be helpful: https://github.com/natcl/Artnet/issues/60

Attached is a screenshot of what I changed in the library and what is should look like. Afterwards it compiled just fine and everything works! Super exciting!!!

Path on Mac OSX: /Applications/Arduino/Teensy/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Artnet/Artnet.h

Screenshot.png

Back