MIDI CHIP is now available!

neroroxxx

Hi all, I hope it's ok to share this here, I wanted to share a product i developed for all my MIDI controllers which is now available for purchase. All purchases help support BMC development (BMC if you haven't seen it is the Badass MIDI Controller library for Teensy with a companion Editor Web App)

It's called MIDI CHIP, it's a MIDI Input and Output Circuit in one circuit board, it's 5V and 3.3V compatible (3.3v via solder jumpers) it's pretty easy to use, just wire any of the many Teensy UART Serial Port's TX and RX pins to MIDI CHIP on one side and your midi jacks on the other side and you are good to go!

I developed these boards since I build lots of midi controllers and often times i have to use a larger perfboard to wire a MIDI IO circuit in which takes up more room than needed, MIDI CHIP is under a square inch so it takes up no room.

It has an H11L1 opto for input and a buffered optput, all based on the MIDI Spec, just drop a MIDI CHIP for your MIDI IO and you're good to go!

You can read more about it here https://www.roxxxtar.com/badassmidi-midi-chip

Attachments

• front-back.jpg
    front-back.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 37
  • MIDI-CHIP-Wiring.jpg
    MIDI-CHIP-Wiring.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
"This item does not deliver to United Kingdom."

Well that sucks - I really need a couple of these for a few projects I have bubbling on the back burner!

International shipping is a bit more involved so i will start next week or the week after thats the latest, im already shopping for the right shipping boxes and other supplies, also doing all my due diligence to make sure its a smooth process for customers.

Thanks great - thx - I'm in no hurry - but I'll periodically check next week and order a few when ready!!

Tell you what else I'm after - and maybe other folk would be also - a Hi Z (guitar) to line board - that would be super handy. Currently I use my guitar pedals for that - but having a small board instead would be awesome!

I just don't have the time (or skillz) for making these kinds of things - so many thanks for taking the leap and doing this - great work!

Back