GPT1/GPT2 for compare and capture

jensa

Hi all,
For a project I need two tachometers and using the "compare and capture" registers connected to the GPT on T4.1 seems like a logical choice. I can however not seem to find any documetation from NXP on what pins I can use with GPT and I couldn't find good results here on the forum. No mention of pins seem to indicate that any interrupt pin could be used? I'd use FreqCount or FreqMeasure, but they appear to only work with specific pins.

Anyone used GPT1/2 for counting that can share some knowledge/experience?

Thanks!

J

Digging deep into the 3500+ page reference manual for the imxrt1060 series, I found details on GPT in chapter 52 and TMR in chapter 54 in Gated-Count Mode. I'll research this further.

It would still be very useful to hear from others with experience in using these.

J

Digging deep into the 3500+ page reference manual for the imxrt1060 series, I found details on GPT in chapter 52 and TMR in chapter 54 in Gated-Count Mode. I'll research this further.

It would still be very useful to hear from others with experience in using these.

J

If you haven't looked at TeensyTimerTool, it's an excellent starting point for anything you might want to do with timers.

Thanks! I found exactly what I need there. Great suggestion @luni!
This validates what I found in the datasheet, so now I can add the supported pins to my custom T4.1 board.

Back