ILI0341 poor color accuracy

Rein

I have a couple of different ILI9341 displays but they all have quite poor color accuracy. The red is quite good but the yellow is really washed out.

Is there a known big difference in picture quality between different ILI9341 displays or are they all about the same? Or are there any similar ones with better quality? I would much prefer an OLED display, but they seem to be difficult to find in RGB with similar screen size.

ILI9341 is a chip, not the actual TFT display. This sort of thing is why you should try to find something with a decent datasheet.

I'm sure there's a lot of difference between different displays.

One thing you can experiment with is the gamma settings on the ILI9341, those affect each colour equally, but this might help.

yeah, knows its a chip. From what I have seen, most of the easily available displays ones look to be quite similar. So my question was, is there any known good displays which uses this driver or are they hard to come by.
I see my question wasn't particularly clear. Anyways, thanks!

Can you post a link the the displays, and maybe a few screenshots? I've used maybe 30 ILI9341 (2.4 and 2.8) displays and never had an issue. All my projects involve drawing graphics and fonts.

just realized my color definitions where wrong. The colors look perfectly fine after adjusting them.
Sorry for the wasted time..

Back