Would anyone be interested in this?

Would there be anyone interested in an adapter board that makes a Teensy 3.5 work with Arduino Uno/Mega/Due sheilds? It's basically just an adapter that arranges the Teensy pins to conform with the Arduino layout. I based it on the Due board, but should work on the others as well. Since the Teensy 3.5 is 5 volt tolerant it should work with most Arduino sheilds. If tthere is interest in it I will produce some.

Unless you are using really old Arduino shields, I believe the modern shields are now capable of running at 3.3v as well as 5v. Of course individual devices may still be 5v only, but again, I suspect anything recent can run on either 3.3v to 5v.

However, in terms of developing a new product based on the Teensy 3.5, note that in general, the 3.2, 3.5, and 3.6 are unavailable nearly everwhere. Paul has said NXP no longer is even forcasting when they will be able to produce more chips. The Teensy 4.x chips are in better supply, and Paul is expecting the 4.1 will be available once again in July. At the moment, the LC seems to be available, but I don't know if the chip is available once the supplies run out.

Very close, but with some improvement. I notice on that board the Teensy sits on top of the board with the USB port unavailable when the shield is on top. My design has the Teensy facing the opposite direction and attaches to the bottom. Also, my boards would come fully assembled and the boards will be made right here in the USA. I'm willing to bet the boards you referred to me are made in China. I haven't started production yet. I was just seeing if there was enough interest in the idea to produce some. If not, I will probably just make the gerber files open source. I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the reference defragster.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with. But as noted, as far as I know there are no T3.5 or 3.6 chips available and no ETA when they may be available.

Always interesting to see different trade offs.

As for the Loglow design always interesting trade offs. I am pretty sure he turned the chip around like he did as to allow you to have access to the SDCard, and then he added USB connections
for both both the main one as well as for USBHost that sit to the side of the Teensy. So in theory it should be a reasonably compact setup.

Again it will be interesting to see what you end up with.

Good luck

Back