Box/Enclosure

mkomkom

Any good boxes/enclosures for the teensy 4.1? I am going to make a little control for lights in my front room and want to put it in the cabinet next to the A/V stuff.

Any good boxes/enclosures for the teensy 4.1? I am going to make a little control for lights in my front room and want to put it in the cabinet next to the A/V stuff.

I'm sure there are many different enclosures. I typically don't worry about 'fancy' enclosures.

One that I've used in the past is the Altoids tin. You can get a regular Altoids tin (eat the mints in it first), or Adafruit sells a blank tin. You would have to cut or drill holes to get the wires and power in. There are two protoboards made for the Altoids tin. I generally like the second one better because it has more space for laying things out (you want the full through hole version of this board):

Be sure to get some 4-40 or 3mm standoffs, so the prototype board is above the metal tin.

If you have a Teensy 4.0, 3.2, or LC, and not much extra stuff, you can go to a smaller mint tin:

It depends on which country or continent you live in/on. Here is an enclosure company based in USA:

https://www.polycase.com/

Lots of options even handheld boxes if you have drill and router to open holes for things like wire or buttons.

Back