Broken resistor on back of Teensy 4.1

plop91

Hi all,

I was removing my teensy 4.1 from a breadboard with a screwdriver like an idiot and accidently broke off one of the resistors on the back of the board.
I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with the resistors value, I have attached an image with the location of the broken component circled.

broken teensy 4.1 (Medium).jpg

Difficult to see, but comparing your photo with the Component Locations shown at the bottom of the T4.1 page it looks like L2 which from the circuit diagram is a Ferrite 120.
If it's R2 which is close by it is a 470 Ohm.

Seems like if when teensy is held in "landscape" orientation like in your photo, the ferrite is vertical while the resistor is horizontal. So which one broke? I guess you can short the ferrite pads with some short wire because the ferrite part may be hard to source. The resistor, it's gonna be difficult to replace without proper tools.

Definitely the Iinductor L2 ....

Hi all,

I was removing my teensy 4.1 from a breadboard with a screwdriver like an idiot and accidently broke off one of the resistors on the back of the board.
I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with the resistors value, I have attached an image with the location of the broken component circled.

View attachment 28599

I can clearly see it is the inductor L2. Marked as 120 on the circuit which I assume is uH Henry..... it is easy to verify as the inductor has very low resistance ..... and one pad is connected to the jumper pads for isolating the VUSB 5v.on the nearby edge of the board. Richard

Ferrite bead inductors are almost always specified by impedance at a particular frequency, usually 100 MHz. If you search for them and read their specs, usually you won't even find any mention of the inductance. I know it seems strange to talk of inductors in units of ohms, but that's the way the are specified.

For the sake of quick repair, you could just solder a piece of wire. It's only purpose is to prevent high frequency noise from going back up the USB cable which can tend to act as an antenna. USB cables are supposed to have shielding, so it's rarely a problem if the ferrite bead inductor is replaced by just a wire.

Back