teensy 4.1 dead?

bm16ton

So my teensy after sitting on a shelf a couple weeks i plugged it into my pc and nothing. My pc sees no resistence between d± and power pins, the red light just blinks. i have tried several pc's and cables all of wich work on my friends 4.1 and my 4.0. Trying to erase flash doesnt work, usually its just keeps blinking red led ignoring my button push but sometimes the red led will go out then immediatly turn on and stay on. I ccouldnt find any info on constant on red led meaning. One time out of the hundreds ive tried the orange led started to blink (so was the red) for about 5 to 8 seconds then stopped and has never once come back on. and sumwhere around attempt 200 of plugging into pc it did come up as a blank board but before i ccould get a sketch compiled and loaded it had kicked out again never to happen again. ive inspected all of the board and see no visible damage or connections (would been hard to explain any sitting on a shelf) and the firmware it had on it had worked for many weeks without issue before setting it their. I realize shes probly dead jim, but being as financially poor as i am (rich in a lot of other way tho) and this being one of my favorite boards i ccaint afford ro replace im williing to put forth much effort in its revival. Being usb high speed i assume all resistors for usb are on chip to help negotiate the highspeed, but im not sure. Ive never had the greatest luck testing capacitors in-circuit (unreliable results) but i guess hitting all the resistors and caps wirh a volt meter is probly next. In case it helps i have solid 3.3v and 5v on the board, tested continuity between v d- d+ gnd from pads on bottom of board thru the connector to usb breakout and the usb connector is fine. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

ok uhm.. so if i plugged in with a finger running from both sides of the pcb in the middke of the board length wise around pin 13 across..it would enumerate as a hid device no description...so i pushed down from the top a little bit and it enumerated with the firmware i last attempted to upload. Since the main mcu/cpu/chip is there does that mean it has a bad solder point underneath it? i ddont see any stress or crack marks around it so dont think the pcb is bent bad etc? Id like to fix it but hope it doesnt involve a oven for soldering etc

Back