SD card on a 4.0

OK. I thought I was explaining my issue well enough, but I will endeavour to draw out the circuit later tonight and put that up.
To be fair, this thread is the whole project and not just this issue!

I will return

I am completely re-breadboarding the whole project, and drawing the circuit diagram as I go to post here.

I decided maybe the better option was to utilise the SPI1 and SPI2 ports on the Teensy 4, but now not so sure that will be a good idea.

First off, I didn't realise the pads for the SPI2 (34-37) were so ridiculously small. For a processor that will plug into a PCB (no room for a 4.1), I can't see any easy way of accessing those pins. I can only think of thin wires with a 4 pin plug on the end.

Secondly, I assume it will take some library adjustment to make the SD card utilise SPI2 and the flash to use SPI1 (The screen in on the default SPI pins).

I don't see how you tell the SD card routine to use a different SPI bus.

I will continue to tinker and then report back with the new circuit (if indeed, I find one that is better)

With the SD library with SPI1 and SPI2...

Look at the Examples->SD->SdFat_Usage example

It shows some example on how to do things like that, including:
//ok = SD.sdfs.begin(SdSpiConfig(chipSelect, SHARED_SPI, SD_SCK_MHZ(16), &SPI1));

Thought I should update on this thread.

Been working a lot of hours, so only got back to it this morning. DEAD. Teensy 4.0 appears to be zapped and I have no idea why. Barely anything on the breadboard.

So, I have decided that after more years than I can remember to park electronics as a hobby. It doesn't bring me joy any more and I certainly cannot afford to fry Teensy's twice a month.
Planning to sort through my vast electronics workshop tomorrow and start selling off my processors, screens, modules, switches etc (and there are LOT - about 100 compartmented sorter boxes full).
I think I will do a mass Ebay sell off.

Thanks for everyone's help and assistance over the years.

Steve

Back